Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford and their new stadium

Comments

• Options
    Griffin park will still be able to exist if this falls through but if they want to make it up to the championship its either spending a few million putting in seats into one of their stands or spending a few million on a new stadium.

I'll be signing this, lived in brentford for a year and ealing for 2. Great club brentford who look after their community.
  • Options

I'll only sign it if they build a pub on each corner as part of the development.

That was my first thought too......
  • Options

I'll only sign it if they build a pub on each corner as part of the development.

Mine too...
  • Options
    Cheers remind me what did,brentfkrd fans do to help us get back to the valley I can't remember
  • Options
    Fck em - why help another team get some kind of advantage.

Gonna apply for an ACV.
  • Options
    when the stadium is up and running, the Bees will have a tenant, London Irish RUFC .. hope the Guinness pumps in the bar areas are kept well serviced
  • Options

when the stadium is up and running, the Bees will have a tenant, London Irish RUFC .. hope the Guinness pumps in the bar areas are kept well serviced

Good news that, the Madjeski was a shite stadium for rugby.

Well it's shite in general to be fair.
  • Options

My son used to play for London Irish, and some 15 years ago, LI played Northampton in the Challenge Cup Fianl at Twickenham, and drank the place dry of everything. (LI won, and i got to hold up the Cup at Sunbury after).
    Some days later , i was reading the Telegraph and it said that the game broke all records for beer sales.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Mine too...
    Mine too
  • Options
    Some interesting competition for Harlequins with London irish moving down the road.

Assuming that London Irish are in the Premiership in 2020 when the move takes place, I assume they’ll be tied into the contract with Greene King, whose beer I find totally mediocre.

There are some excellent pubs near the ground, though, including The Express Tavern and The Magpie & Crown on Brentford High Street. There is also the newly opened Black Dog Beer House, which also has a fine choice of ales.
  • Options
    Express has appalling service but Black Dog a gem. Not far to Coach and Horses in Kew where I spent many a pleasant evening in my youth.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    AlexC said:

They need a new stadium otherwise the club will not be sustainable at Griffin Park. Being built on a brown field site so it's replacing unused land to benefit the community.

That's fine about the land but the stadium ain't gonna build itself. Let the owner pay for it. Taxpayers do not owe any football team "sustainability."

• Options

AlexC said:

They need a new stadium otherwise the club will not be sustainable at Griffin Park. Being built on a brown field site so it's replacing unused land to benefit the community.

That's fine about the land but the stadium ain't gonna build itself. Let the owner pay for it. Taxpayers do not owe any football team "sustainability."

Try telling West Ham that, eh @PragueAddick
  • Options
    edited December 2018

AlexC said:

If anyone who approved that fiasco is still in office, it is a disgrace. Given who leads us though...
  • Options

AlexC said:

If anyone who approved that fiasco is still in office, it is a disgrace. Given who leads us though...
    Sadly being awful at your job isn't enough to overide democratic elections, as your president proves on a daily basis.

Boris will get his one day, of that I'm sure.
  • Options

AlexC said:

Sadly being awful at your job isn't enough to overide democratic elections, as your president proves on a daily basis.

Boris will get his promotion to Prime Minister buffoon one day, of that I'm sure.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Some interesting competition for Harlequins with London irish moving down the road.

Assuming that London Irish are in the Premiership in 2020 when the move takes place, I assume they’ll be tied into the contract with Greene King, whose beer I find totally mediocre.

There are some excellent pubs near the ground, though, including The Express Tavern and The Magpie & Crown on Brentford High Street. There is also the newly opened Black Dog Beer House, which also has a fine choice of ales.

I really like Abbott’s Ale.

Each to their own.🍺
  • Options

AlexC said:

I am going to do everything personally possible to prevent that! Ridiculous as an individual goal of course, but there's an impressive array of people who share that goal. The Garden Bridge looks far more fruitful than the Stadium as an example of a negative "legacy".

• Sponsored links:

• Options

AlexC said:

I am going to do everything personally possible to prevent that! Ridiculous as an individual goal of course, but there's an impressive array of people who share that goal. The Garden Bridge looks far more fruitful than the Stadium as an example of a negative "legacy".

What about the second-hand water cannons?
  • Options

AlexC said:

I think you misunderstood my post, I think he'll get his comeuppance, which is surely something you want to help, rather than prevent?
  • Options
    They're paying for it by having a load of property there. God knows how as the site is very restricted.

As for pubs, it's right next to Kew Bridge so is an upgrade on that front.
  • Options

AlexC said:

I think you misunderstood my post, I think he'll get his comeuppance, which is surely something you want to help, rather than prevent?
    Duh! I did. Sorry. Anyway, politics is banned now :-)

• Options
    This is what the finished site will look like, with loads of new flats built either inside or outside the railway lines

• Options

AlexC said:

Duh! I did. Sorry. Anyway, politics is banned now :-)

Me too. I thought it was an every dog has his day sort of thinking. Boris has had way too many of them already.