Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Hunt (transfers)

With every day that has past this week I have become more and more baffled by our signings while our relegation rivals appear to be signing exactly the type of players I'd expect teams in our positions to sign.

While our rivals sign players who have played in english leagues for years (miller to yeovil) many of whom have proven records (Billy Sharp to donny) while we are liked with nobodys like this reza guy.

This was epitimsed this morning when I read barnsley have signed Jack hunt from palace. With solly out and wilson suspended right back obviously became a priority position leading to the signing of this loik nego guy...someone ive never heard of and has never played in england before. I have only seen hunt in games against us (of which there have been a few in recent years) and he always stood out - he must have been doing something right if a prem club bought him. Obviously it would be a loan from palace and hes been out for a long time but if he was avaliable I cant see why we wouldnt have gone down that road.

With each player that comes in i feel less and less confident that these are powells targets and that means two things: 1) powell is less likely to play them meaning they will sit on the bench watching an already struggling team get relegated without the likes of kermo and stephens. 2) when we do get relegated powell will get sack and RD will be left which even more of a mess than he bought..as will we.

Comments

• Options
    Cannot disagree. He beat Solly into the Division one team of the year me thinks; therefore, must be decent.
    I think that CP may walk to be honest.
  • Options
    Why dont we give these guys coming in a chance before we doom ourselves to Relegation...? After all I dont seem to remember a French Striker called Yann Kermorgant when he signed (I thought he'd be a 4th choice backup with a handful of playing appearances)

Just because they're foreign doesnt mean to say we've not heard of them, just because they're not French / German / Spanish etc... doesnt mean they're a rubbish Footballer
  • Options
    He is quality. But who knows maybe he wanted to move back oop north so Barnsley were a better option.
  • Options

maybe he wanted to move back oop north so Barnsley were a better option.

But, didn't Dowie establish that moving from Palarse to Charlton was moving up north?
    ;-)
  • Options
    And dale wanted to be closer to home and has gone to brighton
  • Options

Why dont we give these guys coming in a chance before we doom ourselves to Relegation...? After all I dont seem to remember a French Striker called Yann Kermorgant when he signed (I thought he'd be a 4th choice backup with a handful of playing appearances)

Just because they're foreign doesnt mean to say we've not heard of them, just because they're not French / German / Spanish etc... doesnt mean they're a rubbish Footballer

Agree we have to give these guys a chance and had never heard of yann (although i did remember his penalty), however, yann was still a player with english league experience and powell had coached him at leicester and therefore he was obviously a target of powell...these guys may well be targets straight from powell however i reckon thats highly unlikely.

I only mention that they havnt played in england beacause i believe it is a very physical league that takes time to adjust to...for this reason i cant see how effectively swapping a 32 year old with a (recent) proven track record in england and who is a talisman for the club with a 20 year old whos never played in england is the answer to sorting out our relegation threatened season
  • Options
    (the 20 year old being the new striker we've just signed...in terms of the right back we've just signed compared to hunt my comment about adjusting to the league still applies)
  • Options

Agree we have to give these guys a chance and had never heard of yann (although i did remember his penalty), however, yann was still a player with english league experience and powell had coached him at leicester and therefore he was obviously a target of powell...these guys may well be targets straight from powell however i reckon thats highly unlikely.

I only mention that they havnt played in england beacause i believe it is a very physical league that takes time to adjust to...for this reason i cant see how effectively swapping a 32 year old with a (recent) proven track record in england and who is a talisman for the club with a 20 year old whos never played in england is the answer to sorting out our relegation threatened season
    In a sense I agree with what you say... Especially the bit about relying on a 20-year old Pole who has no English League experience yet part of me does think that he is a Powell signing, after all both West Ham and Benfica were after him (and a £2m Championship bid was turned down apparently) so it could be that Piotr is on a lot of radars... Sadly though until an English player is signed under the RD regime I think every signing will be considered dubious
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It looks increasingly certain that the new owner has his own agenda carefully worked out .. and the agenda does not include bringing in English players
  • Options
    What nationality will the next Manager be ?