Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Sale Price - £12m plus add ons if we stay up and if we go up?

Rick Everitt ‏@airmanbrown 2h
Multiple sources tell me Duchatalet has big discount clause in #cafc purchase price if relegated. Might mean he is more willing risk it.

Rick Everitt ‏@airmanbrown 2h
Understand #cafc sale price to be £12m plus £4m if we stay up and £2m if promoted to FAPL in five years. But relegation would cost over £4m.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Comments

• Would tally closer with the original £14m figure leaked to the Daily Mail and make buying Charlton much more attractive to RD.

TJ and MS/KC certainly took a bath at that price.
  • So he wants us to go down to get us at a more discounted price? Is that what we are suggesting here?
  • Not sure what the point of this thread is.

He pays an extra 4m if we stay up. Relegation would cost him over 4m. I wonder what he'd prefer. Even Nathan could work that out.

No brainer.
  • edited January 2014
    No i dont think it would be economical but its a slippery slope.

corporate deals can incentivise success. You should never allow a new owner to profit at any more than de minimis in the event of failure. Who is to say a season in league 1 cannot be made at less than 4M? Its certainly borderline
  • edited January 2014

Not sure what the point of this thread is.

He pays an extra 4m if we stay up. Relegation would cost him over 4m. I wonder what he'd prefer. Even Nathan could work that out.

No brainer.

The point was that it is additional information about recent events that might be of interest to Charlton fans.

Don't dispute that it makes more sense to stay up and pay the £4m for a wide variety of reasons but it also means the financial impact of relegation on RD is less than it would have been if it were a straight £16m he'd paid.

It also suggests the £20m figure given by Slater is incorrect.

Other than that I agree, no point to the thread : - )
  • The point is that relegation is not as expensive for him - about £4m cheaper. Thus it's not as much of a disaster, financially, if we go down. That makes it less of a, financial, gamble to sell players now and hope their replacements do as well.

This, I believe, explains why he would not be keen to keep players that are going to leave in the summer for free, when he can get a fee for them now, to slightly improve our chances of staying up!

If he turns down, say £1.5m in transfer fees and the players refuse to stay then that is £1.5m he can spend on replacements. That, plus the fact that it would cost him another £4m if we stay up suggests that it is, possibly, good business to sell those players and 'buy' replacements now rather than let them leave for nothing and have to fund replacements.
  • This puts the actions of Duchatalet into perspective and helps us realise there is an alternative view. We all had no idea why he would piss his money up the wall. This gives us an insight. I am not convinced his tactics are correct but time will tell.

I don't need to like it though.
  • But does KHA's analysis hold up if they are now handing out four and a half year contracts presumably on Championship rates?
  • On a separate note it gives me great pleasure knowing that if we are relegated the distress I will suffer will be, ever so slightly, offset by knowing that it is costing MS and TJ £4m!

Like, like, like, like, like
  • Sponsored links:

• Walt said:

But does KHA's analysis hold up if they are now handing out four and a half year contracts presumably on Championship rates?

I, obviously, think so as with a £4m 'gift' from Slater and Jimenez (Thank you very much) they will be able to fund those wages for at year at least.

However, we need to remember that if they are not suitable for Charlton (wages and/or ability) in the third division, RD will just move them to one of his other clubs.
  • Walt said:

But does KHA's analysis hold up if they are now handing out four and a half year contracts presumably on Championship rates?

I, obviously, think so as with a £4m 'gift' from Slater and Jimenez (Thank you very much) they will be able to fund those wages for at year at least.

However, we need to remember that if they are not suitable for Charlton (wages and/or ability) in the third division, RD will just move them to one of his other clubs.
    Anyone really think it's their money, as opposed to Cash-back?
  • If we get relegated, but keep Chris and we thunder on with our youth and the exotics then I could handle that myself. Especially as said above it would save the club 4mil.
    Would prefer to stay up tho.
    Or perhaps relegation, offset by a European campaign as F A Cup winners could be the order of the day!
  • Walt said:

Anyone really think it's their money, as opposed to Cash-back?
    It doesn't matter where it comes from though does it? It will still help to offset the loss of TV money.
  • Well, relegation now looks financially advantageous for the club (read RD) after reading this. Strange way to run a railway. If this is true, it will lessen the disappointment of going down but may also energise a great comeback with another record-breaking league 1 season and with the season ticket holders enjoying home wins again? I'm really confused now.
  • It's easier to escape relegation, than to get promoted next season.

• Does the Belgian football club collector's financial model need Charlton any higher than say league one or lower championship?
  • kentred2 said:

Does the Belgian football club collector's financial model need Charlton any higher than say league one or lower championship?

It must do. I can't see those starlets from Liege agreeing to play away at some of those third division grounds!