Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come on, admit it

All these comings and goings, the uncertainty, the worry, the hope...

.....It's actually quite exciting isn't it.

And to think some used to moan about boring transfer windows. :- )

Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy

Comments

• Options
    I'm excited to see how good these new players are.

I'm going to be hurting about Yann's departure for a while.
  • Options
    And Palace last deadline

It is exciting, just wish Yann was not going.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It is exciting - agreed. Better than the usual boring stuff. As an optimist - I'm hoping for the best but not expecting an instant turnaround...all the imports will take time to adjust.
  • Options
    Bloody excited to be honest...

(Sorry Nurse I'll get back in my bed rather than ramble round the room in my Charlton scarf and bobble hat)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    La, la la la la quiet please Henners I'm trying to get to sleep, wake me up when it's all over :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Epic! This morning's work has been productivity nuked :s
  • Options
    Feel for Yann as he doesn't want to leave, but he'll probably end up earning £12/13k a week......
  • Options
    Great post. Out with the old. In with the new.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Keep some of the old... as they'll be the glue that forms the newbies coming in (i.e. Hughes telling Ajdarevic how things should be done in training etc...) but ensure this is the Squad progression that Hughes said we've missed over the last couple of seasons
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worried. It's hard enough to make mass changes close season let alone mid season. Evidence to me point that the new players will be less effective in short term but possibly could be better long term. Just remember it took us 3 years to get out of league 1 last time and that was done mainly with experienced British players.
  • Options
    i did post this on the other thread but i think it deserves another shot....

http://youtu.be/h-LbvFckptY
  • Options
    Well it's certainly interesting times at the moment.
  • Options
    Excited!....no, worried....oh no, excited!.....hang on, no, worried......(repeat)
  • Options
    So who have we signed? and who has gone. My head hurts
  • Options
    Am excited for the future COYR
  • Options
    redman said:

Worried. It's hard enough to make mass changes close season let alone mid season. Evidence to me point that the new players will be less effective in short term but possibly could be better long term. Just remember it took us 3 years to get out of league 1 last time and that was done mainly with experienced British players.

It isn't really mass changes at this point. It's mostly been additions.

As things stand, Stephens is the only regular to have left us.

Things can certainly change over the next 36 hours (Yann's situation in particular), but I haven't got a problem with what has happened so far.

• Options
    All I can see is a club that has accepted relegation and is getting the wage bill down.

It's not exciting, it's demoralising. Whats exciting about selling everybody who is any good then replacing them with cheaper, untested and probably useless options?

• Options
    we're back to the Chinese curse .. 'may you live in interesting times' .. I am looking forward to Saturday with fears that it will be like watching a slow motion car crash .. enthralling but gruesome .. no-one can guess what team will be out on the field @ Wigan .. least of all Chris Powell (we don't hope)
  • Options

All I can see is a club that has accepted relegation and is getting the wage bill down.

It's not exciting, it's demoralising. Whats exciting about selling everybody who is any good then replacing them with cheaper, untested and probably useless options?

Agreed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's certainly more fun than going into administration
  • Options

I'm sure Portsmouth fans said the same....

Your starting to give NSS a good run at being miserable......... relax
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Yeah, we are getting rid of all the substandard players, Green, Evina, Sordell...what? Oh.

• Options
    It is all exciting and good. The whole team needed a shake up and it's happening. Hopefully it continues with Chris in charge. The only thing that remains to be seen is how quickly the new players gel with the existing squad.

In RD we trust!!
  • Options
    olster said:

Agreed.
    This. Far more worrying than exciting.
  • Options

All these comings and goings, the uncertainty, the worry, the hope...

.....It's actually quite exciting isn't it.

And to think some used to moan about boring transfer windows. :- )

Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy

This is the most exciting transfer window in years...
  • Options
    The rep shirt printers are gonna coin it in!
  • Options
    If this is exciting, it shows just how bad we have it as Charlton fans. To feel a bit less pain im off to the dentist in the morning for some voluntary root canal.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Excited!....no, worried....oh no, excited!.....hang on, no, worried......(repeat)

5 pairs of clean Bridget Jones' already today !!!

• Options
    I've been to the loo, has anybody else joined ?