Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Flower "sacked"

2»

Comments

• Options
    I can't quite remember what went wrong for Moores last time... was it a spat with KP?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I can't quite remember what went wrong for Moores last time... was it a spat with KP?

Essentially yes.KP didnt like working with him, and he (KP) had the ear of anyone important at the time.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Essentially yes.KP didnt like working with him, and he (KP) had the ear of anyone important at the time.
    That is part of it but it was not all down to KP.

In short, Moores came over very "school masterish" and was very domineering, that approach put a lot of the players' backs up.

Unfortunately when KP basically told the ECB (after THEY asked HIM his views) that the players did not agree with Moores' style he found that they were nowhere to be seen in backing him up.

It was this failure of his team mates to support him that hurt KP more than actually being sacked as skipper.

That's not to say that KP is not capable of being a total arse.
  • Options
    KP not exactly setting the IPL alight with scores of 16, 26*, 14 & 0 (today). Add that to his scores against the Aussies and he's averaging 26.76 for his last 14 innings.