Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=30639

Comments

• Options
    Yep, it's official:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6505837.stm
  • Options
    my missus has got the right hump, and is now banging on about tradition etc ; (
  • Options
    I`ll explain to her a bit later, bless : )
  • Options
    Hilarious!!!
    Well lets hope its a joke!!!
    i believed it till i got told what day it was.

Waterloo cos we we're onthe Waterloo train line!!!
  • Options
    Good to see things are "back to normal" at the Valley. I don't think they'd have done this if the last couple of games hadn't gone the way they did.

Yeha, I know it's only a wind-up, but it tells us the people at the top are starting to relax again after a rather turbulent season so far.

Oh, and Reg - we're on the Waterloo EAST line! ;o)
  • Options
    Thats really not funny!! I had to read that 3 or 4 times. done me completely.
  • Options
    My favourite one was the year that they announced Millwall would be coming to groundshare with us. My sister bought it completely and was spitting feathers.
  • Options
    Yessssss, I love Waterloo, I'm well happy with that announcement as Red Red Robin was a bit past it's best anyway....... :-)
  • Options
    I liked the one when they were saying that they were gunna change the cafc badge to a penguin as the emblem because the sword was too 'violent'.
  • Options
    My favourite was the Steve Brown/London Broncos thing.

Did me up like a kipper
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]My favourite was the Steve Brown/London Broncos thing.

Did me up like a kipper
    Oh gawd I'd forgotten about that one. It was one of the few CAFC April Fools jokes that made me go "yes I know it's April 1st, but this might actually be true", Didn't they have a shot of him posing in the Broncos kit as well?
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Classic! I bought the Browny/Bronco's thing completely. Ha Ha!
  • Options
    The Innocent shall be protected, but I've had 4 emails, complaining about the demise of RRR and it's replacement.

Death of a tradition etc....

I've emailed them all back and asked them what is the date?

No replies - so Far!
  • Options
    Now, if it was the replacement of the Premiership Anthem, then I'd be up for it. I don't suppose we could accidently put the wrong CD on for the Sheff Utd game?
  • Options
    There was one about a bad smell coming from under where the New East stand was being built as well.

I know Rick Everitt nearly always did one so must be some more. One in the Mercury about Gold coins under the Valle pitch or something. Anyone remember?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Oh, and Reg - we're on the Waterloo EAST line! ;o)

Waterloo train line. How many saw this train racing though Charlton station?