Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Broen/Bron (The Bridge) - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Just watched the last 2 episodes of series 2. It's been really good, better than series 1 IMO, but bugger me that was a bleak final hour.

What's the Telly Addicks panel's thoughts? Lots of unanswered questions for series 3.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, a very heavy final hour but a great series. Roll on the next one.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Utterly compelling. We're big fans of Nordic noir but yes, it was heavy going last night, the more so after the events of the afternoon.
    We've watched 'The Tunnel' now and missed the subtitles and the odd strings of English words that keep cropping in!
  • Options
    Best drama on the tele. Anyone got any inside info on the Belgium series Salamander replacing it on BBC4 next week? Will probably give it a go, but anything Belgium just makes me angry at the moment:(
  • Options
    edited February 2014

We've watched 'The Tunnel' now and missed the subtitles and the odd strings of English words that keep cropping in!

A particular favourite of mine that popped up last night was Moater Boater (motor boat) which first made an appearance in series 3 of the Killing. The missus and I have been saying Tak and Oowkay to each other a lot recently too.

They're so brilliantly done, proper grown up Telly. Incredibly bleak at times but with humour too. They stay true to the story too, if that had been US drama, then someone would have discovered you could cure the virus by eating hand soap or something and saved Penille and then Saga would have had a sudden character change and would have covered up for Martin.

Think I might give The Tunnel a try to see how it compares, but I can't see it beating it. Series 2 has been one of my all time favourite bits of TV.

• Options
    The Tunnel was OK ish, but really annoyed that it was billed as "Original drama from Sky" when there was nothing original about it, other than undersea rather than over the top and sans subtitles. Same fundamental plot and even the main characters were English and French clones of Martin and Saga . Can't wait for series 3 of The Bridge. Don't think I would bother with a Tunnel 2 if it did happen.
  • Options
    Thought the last 2 episodes were fantastic. Don't see how there can be series 3. Who was the other bloke who shot Gertrude?
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Thought the last 2 episodes were fantastic. Don't see how there can be series 3. Who was the other bloke who shot Gertrude?

Probally the basis of Bridge 3

The writer of the show, Hans Rosenfeldt, revealed in January 2014 that he is writing series three, with a return of most of the main characters, including Martin Rohde.[31] Filming will start in September 2014 with an expected air date in Scandinavia starting in September 2015.
  • Options
    kimbo said:

That's why there will be a season 3. :-)

Excellent last episode.
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Think that's why there will be series three?

Thought it might have been Marcus Stenberg, but then he seemed a bit of a drip...

• Options

kimbo said:

Think that's why there will be series three?

Thought it might have been Marcus Stenberg, but then he seemed a bit of a drip...

I think he is definitely involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two episodes have allready been scripted for season three, it's on its way.
  • Options
    Recorded it Saturday and watched last night. Different class and absolutely compelling although very sad in different ways for both Martin and Saga at the end. That maybe why the writers feel that they can't just leave it there. Look forward to Series 3 although it's probably a couple of years away from UK screens.
  • Options
    Watched the final episode last night. How I am going to miss those five little words "Saga Noren, Malmo County Police"...

Nice interview here with Kim Bodnia, who plays Martin so compellingly
  • Options
    It was excellent. Like Kimbo though i can't see how series three can work. Martin will have to get off as Saga isn't the type to visit.