Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And you think we lose money..

Just heard in Five Live that Manchester City lose £650,000 a day ! due to having the most expensive wage bill on the planet.
Makes our losses look like chicken feed .
How are they allowed to get away with those losses ?

Comments

• Options
    the club is owned by a man who helps run a nation that floats on a sea of oil .. that fact alone makes him a 'fit & proper person'
  • Options
    The clubs owner can simply inject money into Man City to keep them afloat. If his money ever dries up though...they'll find themselves in financial crap very quickly.
  • Options
    So every eight days city lose what we lose every year. Makes a mockery of the new rules if they can get away with that .
  • Options
    That's one thing I love about American soccer. Our clubs over here may not be seen as "high quality", but we have wage bill limits to prevent this sort of financial mismanagement.
  • Options
    heard on sky this morning that they spent £233 MILLION on wages last season alone
  • Options

heard on sky this morning that they spent £233 MILLION on wages last season alone

Bloody hell that's ridiculous
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It's a farcical situation and can't be allowed to carry on much longer. Their third team would get a Champions league place.

The sooner we get a wage cap or a limit on the amount of non home grown player in a team the better.

The days of clubs like Forest and Villa winning the European Cup are long gone and for my mind football is worse for it.
  • Options
    I blame Bosman - if it wasn't for him there would still be transfers fees for virtually all players & so no "frees" and large salaries.