Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice on creating a personal musical history

I'm seeking advice from younger, YouTube savvy people here. I'm approaching a Big Birthday and I got it into my head that I would trace my life through the music that I've most enjoyed. Nobody else is going to be interested, but I still supposed I'd create it using internet resources to link to the actual music. It happens we just got a new TV, and my wife got the You Tube app running. I've never used You Tube proactively very much. I was utterly transfixed to find that with a couple of clicks we were watching the Small Faces doing Itchycoo Park, with very decent picture quality.

So, I guess I'm asking if it is possible to do a kind of You Tube playlist with comments under each song, which then stays as a permanent thing which can be accessed on the web. Or is there perhaps some web template out there for doing this kind of thing?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Didn't have YouTube in music hall Richard ;0)
  • Options
    Yep - just sign up for a YouTube account (or link your Google account, if you have one) then use the create playlist feature. Of course, if you're using other peoples' videos (and, unless you upload your own, you will be) they may well be taken down at a later date - but there isn't much you can do about that.
  • Options
    Quality idea PA. The soundtrack to my life would be pretty eclectic but would bring back so many memories. Got a week off work so might have a crack myself to kill a bit of time.
    Enjoy yourself :-)
  • Options
    5 wins isn't legendary etc but he is a leg end etc and some people are racist etc and he is a Sir etc and can do not wrong or right etc....

• Options
    PL54 said:

5 wins isn't legendary etc but he is a leg end etc and some people are racist etc and he is a Sir etc and can do not wrong or right etc....

Searched YouTube and can't find that one.

• Options
    PL54 said:

You sure this is the right thread for this?!?
  • Options

Yep - just sign up for a YouTube account (or link your Google account, if you have one) then use the create playlist feature. Of course, if you're using other peoples' videos (and, unless you upload your own, you will be) they may well be taken down at a later date - but there isn't much you can do about that.

Cheers Leroy. Is that likely, if it is older, like that Small Faces clip , that it would be taken down? Whose rights would I be infringing if it is already up on You Tube? Would it mean that they had taken down the clip that I have linked to?

• Options
    1:might/might not happen. 2:no ones rights are infringed. 3:yes.
  • Options
    Related question. To help jog my memory, I wanted to delve into album charts from the past. However when I went on the net, I could not find a website that allows you to search the album charts by year and month. Anyone know such a site?

It seemed that some enthusiast had done this but had been ordered by some Official Chart Website to take it down. However said website does not offer the facility itself, for albums, as far as I can see. Great :-(

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Prague - Wiki shows all number 1 singles and proably albums too. www.officialcharts.com has singles charts for each week I think. Not sure about albums...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spotify might be better for this. Can set up playlists on that and link to facebook etc
  • Options
    Or if you've got a google account, set up a mini blog and embed the you tube videos or spotify tracks...
  • Options

Related question. To help jog my memory, I wanted to delve into album charts from the past. However when I went on the net, I could not find a website that allows you to search the album charts by year and month. Anyone know such a site?

It seemed that some enthusiast had done this but had been ordered by some Official Chart Website to take it down. However said website does not offer the facility itself, for albums, as far as I can see. Great :-(

Thanks in advance!

http://www.everyhit.com/
  • Options

Thanks in advance!

http://www.everyhit.com/
    I'd come across this, but unfortunately its 'retrochart' only works for singles. But that does provide some reminders too. if anyone knows an album version, that's what I'm after

• Options
    Try this Prague...http://www.officialcharts.com/albums-chart/

Good if you have dates in mind such as what was in the charts the week/day of your birthday.

Wiki let's you search for the number one albums

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_number-one_albums_from_the_1960s_(UK)

Good idea by the way :)