Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

606 Football Phone-in

Anyone else getting a bit tired with this program? Every week it just becomes tedious, the below things getting particularly on my nerves -

- 90% of callers are either Man U fans wanting Moyes sacked or Arsenal fans wanting Wenger sacked. Whoever vets these callers must surely realise that one caller a month, let alone an hour is enough. One thing that annoyed me on Saturday is that they had a caller waiting to talk about SCP and RD's takeover of Charlton and they skipped him to yet another gooner having a pop at Wenger.

- In fact, most people who support teams in the top 6 having boring opinions. Just sick of it.

- Pretty much no calls/coverage of anything below the Prem. Like my first point, think they're actively screening calls to make sure only Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc callers get on.

- Obviously the vetter can't know what the caller is going to say/do once they're on air but when the caller tries to get into a long, drawn out argument with Savage or Wrighty, and they always get sucked into it.

- Finally, there should be no children and no callers with bad signal or call quality. Just hurts your ears. Not saying kids don't deserve an opinion, but kids always make terrible radio.

I'm sure it wasn't always this bad? Or is literally nothing interesting happening this season?

Comments

• Options
    How do you know - you were in the pub watching the Rugby when it was on.
  • Options
    Very dull these days. They need more daft calls, the anecdotes people used to call in with were brilliant, much more interesting than "Just wanted to say United were clueless today" etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I listen to the podcast on the way into work, usually not about at 5 to listen to it live, otherwise I'd phone up Robbie myself and let him know what I think :)

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Always been sh!t since Alan (arrogant twat) green took it over.
    Last straw was when Robbie (arrogant twat) Savage got involved.
  • Options
    Hey, why don,t they get Danny Baker to do the show !
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Addickted said:

I listen to the podcast on the way into work, usually not about at 5 to listen to it live, otherwise I'd phone up Robbie myself and let him know what I think :)

They edit the podcast to have just Man Utd, Arsenal, Chlsea and Livrpool callers on.

Live, there was a cracking arguement over whether Rochdale had played 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 on Saturday.

• Options

Hey, why don,t they get Danny Baker to do the show !

Because he knows nothing about football and continually interrupts callers with his own "hilarious" anecdotes.
    He cannot host a FOOTBALL phone-in.

My highlight of 606 was during Euro 2012 when some drunk bloke phoned in and had a go at Green for being so negative towards England and then questioned why he was commentating when he wasn't even English. I may have been drunk but he still gave Green some sh1te.

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Anyone else getting a bit tired with this program? Every week it just becomes tedious, the below things getting particularly on my nerves -

- 90% of callers are either Man U fans wanting Moyes sacked or Arsenal fans wanting Wenger sacked. Whoever vets these callers must surely realise that one caller a month, let alone an hour is enough. One thing that annoyed me on Saturday is that they had a caller waiting to talk about SCP and RD's takeover of Charlton and they skipped him to yet another gooner having a pop at Wenger.

- In fact, most people who support teams in the top 6 having boring opinions. Just sick of it.

- Pretty much no calls/coverage of anything below the Prem. Like my first point, think they're actively screening calls to make sure only Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc callers get on.

- Obviously the vetter can't know what the caller is going to say/do once they're on air but when the caller tries to get into a long, drawn out argument with Savage or Wrighty, and they always get sucked into it.

- Finally, there should be no children and no callers with bad signal or call quality. Just hurts your ears. Not saying kids don't deserve an opinion, but kids always make terrible radio.

I'm sure it wasn't always this bad? Or is literally nothing interesting happening this season?

simple really if you dont like it dont listen
  • Options
    Personally I love Danny Baker an he's football phone ins. I hate the do you think Rooney played well today brigade. I want to hear about 6 Lincoln fans going to a game in a nice cream van !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fiiish said:

That is not an answer. If a product produced by a publicly funded corporation is crap it is not acceptable to say just ignore it. When you employ the likes of Ian Wright and Robbie Savage you are only going have rubbish shows. 606 these days would even sound poor on TalkSport!
  • Options

Personally I love Danny Baker an he's football phone ins. I hate the do you think Rooney played well today brigade. I want to hear about 6 Lincoln fans going to a game in a nice cream van !

Well there you are! As I said, he knows nothing about football.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Fiiish said:

That is not an answer. If a product produced by a publicly funded corporation is crap it is not acceptable to say just ignore it. When you employ the likes of Ian Wright and Robbie Savage you are only going have rubbish shows. 606 these days would even sound poor on TalkSport!
    Would agree if every single person in the world did not like it but i bet it has thousands of fans so if you personally dont like it dont listen.
    its what i did with Stan stop talking about F****ing Aston Villa collymore
  • Options

Good point. I would counter that the BBC might stick their head out of the window once every so often and notice not everyone is a ManU fan or Gooner. But yeah I will stop listening if they don't at least attempt something more interesting that whether Moyes or Wenger should get the sack.
  • Options
    It seems that all the Man U fans are from the south and most of the Arsenal fans are northerners on that show!

The way they obsess about the Sky 4 and constantly entertain deluded lunatics who want their manager sacked because they only won by 4 goals that day does my swede in....

And I actually like Alan Green!
  • Options
    Collymore's phone in is way better than 606. Plus unless talksport have a live match on in the evening then call Collymore starts straight after the matches not an hour and more later.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Fiiish said:

Good point. I would counter that the BBC might stick their head out of the window once every so often and notice not everyone is a ManU fan or Gooner. But yeah I will stop listening if they don't at least attempt something more interesting that whether Moyes or Wenger should get the sack.
    If you are listening to a podcast that you don't like, then listen to a different podcast. I listen to Sunday Supplement, Guardian Football Podcast, There is a Championship Podcast (Covers all of the football league) you are not really spoilt for football choice and if you want to move outside football there is Danny Baker, Frank Skinner, DID and loads more!!! I bet there is even a Talk Sport podcast.
  • Options
    All the sports phone ins are cringe worthy.Most of the reasons outlined above.I can cope with presenters reading texts ,emails etc but some half cut half wit Manure fan from Guilford???? Nah!
  • Options
    606 was only any good when Baker did it. He had an even better show on TalkSport (TalkRadio then?) with Danny Kelly, but they ended up getting the bullet for what I seem to recall amounted to little more than self-indulgence.

We get so many boring football phone ins - where football is really at for most of us who aren't up the Premiership clubs' arses is conga-ing round Barnsley's freezing terrace, Hartlepool dressing up at the end of each season, and yes Lincoln fans travelling in an ice cream van.
  • Options
    richie8 said:

All the sports phone ins are cringe worthy.Most of the reasons outlined above.I can cope with presenters reading texts ,emails etc but some half cut half wit Manure fan from Guilford???? Nah!

I can't listen to phone-ins; I want to hear from the experts, not the opinions of Barry from Basildon. The Monday Night Club on 5 Live - usually with David Pleat, Steve Claridge and a leading journalist - is an intelligent analysis of the weekend's games. But the general neglect of Football League clubs is lamentable.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 words .. Ian Wright, Robbie Savage .. they are both DREADful
  • Options

richie8 said:

I can't listen to phone-ins; I want to hear from the experts, not the opinions of Barry from Basildon. The Monday Night Club on 5 Live - usually with David Pleat, Steve Claridge and a leading journalist - is an intelligent analysis of the weekend's games. But the general neglect of Football League clubs is lamentable.

You want to hear from the experts yet you listen to Steve Claridge?