Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds Utd

When you feel that our club is in turmoil, all you need to do is look at Leeds and realise things could be worse.

Friday new owners sack Brian McDermott manager, late Saturday McDermott reinstated, new owners not yet new owners. New owner has two convictions for fraud. Will he pass the leagues fit and proper person test - probably, he owns an Italian club.

BBC announce Leeds shirt sponsor (and failed bidder for the club) files winding up petition against club.

Leeds Utd, the club that keeps giving ... grief to its fans.

Comments

• Options
    Never forgiven for 1984
  • Options
    Never knew George Orwell was a Leeds fan Henry!
  • Options

They set the winding up order against us because we owed money for Carl Harris's transfer.

• Options
    the Welsh Wizard
  • Options
    Richard J said:

They set the winding up order against us because we owed money for Carl Harris's transfer.

One of my childhood Charlton Hero's. Great winger.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

High Court date for Leeds
    The High Court will hear a winding-up petition against Leeds United on March 17.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2551849/Leeds-United-facing-winding-order-shirt-sponsors.html
  • Options

A sad state of affairs. As I've said on here before, modern professional football club ownership is a bit like the housing situation and the banks i.e. checks and balances, in theory, but in reality, a free-market, dog-eat-dog mess. Much of it of Thatcher's making.

I know, up to that point in human history the rich, great and powerful had been so benevolent to the majority of human kind and had never tailored laws that could be exploited and be ignored by their own social class.

Anyway back to football, anything Leeds United have coming to them is karma as far as I am concerned.
  • Options

A sad state of affairs. As I've said on here before, modern professional football club ownership is a bit like the housing situation and the banks i.e. checks and balances, in theory, but in reality, a free-market, dog-eat-dog mess. Much of it of Thatcher's making.

Deary me, you don't do yourself any favours do you ?

Is there anything that isn't Thatcher's fault ?
  • Options

Anything, Soapy? Including an away win in SE7?

I'd quit while you're behind.
  • Options
    We need a new Godwin's law for Thatcher.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We need a new Godwin's law for Thatcher.

What does that mean?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Godwin’s Law is an internet adage that is derived from one of the earliest bits of Usenet wisdoms, which goes “if you mention Adolf Hitler or Nazis within a discussion thread, you’ve automatically ended whatever discussion you were taking part in.”

Very good. I agree.

Anyway, apologies. Back to Leeds U.
  • Options
    I nearly picked up on the big maggie T comment earlier but didn't want to spoil a good thread..

I've just read up on this Leeds Utd stuff on BBC news and it's left me baffled. The shirt sponsor are behind this, who were also trying to buy a massive chunk of them? Owned by a guy who is apparently a lifelong fan?

That club is a complete nuthouse, makes Millwall look relatively normal...
  • Options
    Mate who's a Leeds fan tells me there's a lot of fight among ordinary fans at the prospect of Cellino taking over. Mind you, he thought they were going to go up earlier this season. For all our travails at the moment, we don't have to look far to see things far worse.
  • Options
    Is a certain Mr McCormack still there ?

Could raise a bit of cash selling him to us at the end of the season, meanwhile loan him to us when the window opens again .....

:-)
  • Options

KP's sacking can't blame her for that.

Probably not responsible for Churchies "Sponge Foot" either.
  • Options

I think you might be wrong on both of those Ormy. KP was able to be fast tracked into England team because of rule change by Thatcher that allowed Zola Budd to run in LA Olympics and maltreatment of striking South Wales miners meant that the both Church children (Charlotte and Simon) have serious strength deficiencies in both feet. I understand that it hasn't stopped Charlotte putting in 110% each concert.
  • Options

I think you might be wrong on both of those Ormy. KP was able to be fast tracked into England team because of rule change by Thatcher that allowed Zola Budd to run in LA Olympics and maltreatment of striking South Wales miners meant that the both Church children (Charlotte and Simon) have serious strength deficiencies in both feet. I understand that it hasn't stopped Charlotte putting in 110% each concert.
    PMSL