Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's everyone's opinion of Obama?

13»

Comments

• Options
    A-R-T-H-U-R - no worries I was just a bit confused.
  • Options
    I'm like that all the time AUN!
  • Options
    Arthur, I agree that the continuation of the war, the drones etc are another negative IMO even given that it a lot harder to end a war than to start one.
  • Options

Arthur, I agree that the continuation of the war, the drones etc are another negative IMO even given that it a lot harder to end a war than to start one.

Indeed it is - a fact many many people have no understanding of at all.
    But to make the claims he did in 2007 was either stupid or a desperate lie.

• Options
    Without going into too much analysis, my opinion of Mr Obama is that he is at least a million times better than his predecessor.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I didnt say Obama "won" because it was a racist election ---go back and read it you waste of air --"cop out" thats you to a tee.

dosnt fit your moral agenda so you slag off anyone ---- laughing at you as ALWAYS know what you are ---we do !! not what you think we SHOULD think.

• Options
    There is NO improvement in healthcare because of Obama. Millions, yes millions of people have had their policies cancelled by their insurance companies in anticipation of this act, and because of the pathetic roll-out of the non-functioning ACA web-site have found themselves without ANY coverage. Policies are more expensive, and the co-pays are many times what they were. The excuse that the policies are more expensive because they cover more is nonsense, unless you believe that all 55 year old women should have coverage for birth control or child-birth (just for instance). The law will have to be repealed as it relies on the premiums of young healthy people signing up to carry the expense of the less healthy older people. The young are not signing up. Obamacare is a disaster, take it from someone who is trying to run a small business here in The States and who has to try to deal with it every day. The AOL CEO announced last week that Obamacare will cost his company over $7million in additional expense this year, and that he will have to cut expenses elsewhere to make up for it, just the latest large company to make such an announcement. It's costing jobs, and it's holding back any recovery.
  • Options
    I want to make clear that I 100% despise the Republican party and everything they stand for, but Obamacare does need to be done away with.

Some people speculate that the government knew that Obamacare would fail as a way of forcing the US to go single-payer.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    limeygent said:

There is NO improvement in healthcare because of Obama. Millions, yes millions of people have had their policies cancelled by their insurance companies in anticipation of this act, and because of the pathetic roll-out of the non-functioning ACA web-site have found themselves without ANY coverage. Policies are more expensive, and the co-pays are many times what they were. The excuse that the policies are more expensive because they cover more is nonsense, unless you believe that all 55 year old women should have coverage for birth control or child-birth (just for instance). The law will have to be repealed as it relies on the premiums of young healthy people signing up to carry the expense of the less healthy older people. The young are not signing up. Obamacare is a disaster, take it from someone who is trying to run a small business here in The States and who has to try to deal with it every day. The AOL CEO announced last week that Obamacare will cost his company over $7million in additional expense this year, and that he will have to cut expenses elsewhere to make up for it, just the latest large company to make such an announcement. It's costing jobs, and it's holding back any recovery.

Given your previous posts on American politics, I'm surprised that you would take this stance.

No - wait - make that 'completely unsurprised'
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I thought he intended to try to sort out the health situation. People living in tents in the woods while undergoing chemotherapy, British charities turning up in mid-America to offer free health care, doctors suggesting treatments you don't need to help buy themselves a golf course and so on. Has Obama made any headway in that regard?

I don't know a single person that has healthcare now that didn't have it before. I do know many that had it before, but don't have it now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

limeygent said:

Given your previous posts on American politics, I'm surprised that you would take this stance.

No - wait - make that 'completely unsurprised'
    This is not a stance, these are facts.

• Options

he got bin-Laden. The cock-swinging nutters who preceded him wasted billions of dollars and thousands of lives, failing to do so.

The cock-swinging nutters who preceded him wasted made billions of dollars, failing to do so.