Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England footballer comes out as gay...

...bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26084748

No biggy at all but what might be a more interesting story is the link to the NFL prospect and how that is received across the pond bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/26119059

Comments

• Options
    Not just an England footballer but one of our own
  • Options
    Since Hitzelsperger (sp) and Daley their does seem to be some momentum building. What I find interesting is the fact that Michael Sam was voted MVP amongst his team mates, so clearly no issues there.

What price a top flight player coming out in the next 12 months?
  • Options
    I would!

Anyway, womens football isnt really a sport ...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Without trying to be offensive, its not much of a surprise that a womens footballer has come out as gay. I remember some of the England womens players came to an award ceremony i was at and were all over each other and their 'partners'.

The NFL player is a big surprise. Their locker room attitudes are a lot more homophobic than over here, especially at college level.
  • Options
    Not that it's relevant but I think she played for us until we broke up the ladies team
  • Options
    redman said:

Not that it's relevant but I think she played for us until we broke up the ladies team

That's what I said above at 1:51 :-)
  • Options
    I remember Casey playing for us. She's an excellent defender
  • Options
    It's like if Yann kermorgant suddenly came out as gay I wouldn't care....He doesn't play for us anymore.

No seriously Sportsmen/women that "come out" good on them I'm sure it takes courage. Absolutely no one else's business about someone they don't knows sexual preference though.

That should be the attitude of it. When it gets made a big deal out of and becomes a news report that probably just makes the person feel weirder about who they are.