Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

He's gotta go....

He's lost it, hasn't a clue, useless, if we don't change now we are good as down etc

Just lost to Fulham, smashed by City, humiliated by Forest. MOST people couldn't believe Big Sam wasn't elbowed out.

Since then Wham have won 4, drawn at Chelsea, lost just one. Now in the top half.

Funny ol game Saint

Comments

• Options
    Addicks promoted to premier league this season still possible then?
  • Options
    Spot on.....SWP

No, not the pint-sized ex England winger.....but Stick With Powell.
  • Options
    A few weeks ago the media, and it was Alan Green who I heard say it first, were loving this line...... "If you were in West Ham's position who would you want as your manager to keep you up? Of course, Big Sam. Hahahahahaha....!
    As someone who has a historic soft spot for our fellow East Londoners I wish them nothing but trouble under their current owners, however I begrudgingly acknowledge their patience with Big Sam.
    Up yours Alan Green even though I'm sure it wasn't his line originally.
  • Options
    Difference being Allardyce has had very strong support from his board.

I get the impression Roland has just got the knife sharpener from the cutlery drawer.
  • Options
    Somehow West Ham have more clean sheets than anyone in the PL - could not believe that stat when I read it but its true, they have 13 clean sheets in the League!

Its funny with Allardyce because with the team struggling he is a hard guy to replace because do you bring in another long-ball guy like Pulis - what would be the point? - or do you start again and bring in a footballing manager from abroad - that is a big risk too when he will have 'direct' players in the squad.

Just shows though that a couple of wins on the spin, a few bits of luck here and there and suddenly the game changes.

In our position it is worth remembering that there are clubs above us that are dropping like a stone - Bolton & Blackpool - so there will be every chance to drag ourselves above them.
  • Options
    The problem is we're one of those dropping stones that I bet Yeovil and Barnsley mention
  • Options

The problem is we're one of those dropping stones that I bet Yeovil and Barnsley mention

We have already dropped!
  • Options
    I was thinking the same yesterday and actually taking a lot of hope from their situation. A couple of weeks ago they were dead and buried but back-to-back wins and Sam's a genius!

What we need though is someone to step up a la Nolan and Noble...
  • Options
    Although I would prefer Powell to stay the comparison is flawed. Allardyce is a battle hardened, vastly experienced nasty fighter of a manager.
    Powell isn't that yet and doesn't seem to have any luck when it's most needed. Sadly I think he knows he's here until the summer at most and because of that his mojo is flagging.
  • Options
    Plays "hoofball" too although that is ignored by Whammers when they are winning.

West ham also the most active in the transfer window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strange thing is they lose their allegedly irreplaceable striker to a ban, and then win three in a row. Kermogant has gone, I wouldn't mind ONE in a row.
  • Options

Plays "hoofball" too although that is ignored by Whammers when they are winning.

West ham also the most active in the transfer window.

That's only because fat sam is after some back-handers to beef up his coffers! ;o)
  • Options

What we need though is someone to step up a la Nolan and Noble...

Jackson is due back to back free kick winners! That's six points in the bag.

• Options
    Good point...we should take note and try not to panic too much about our current predicament. It's still very much in our hands to stay up ourselves.

Big Sam had the league as his priority though 100%, via humiliating cup defeats. I'm afraid to say if we lost away at Huddersfield it may have limited an unnecessary distraction when we need to solely concentrate on the league.

So, Stick with the manager.

Unless your Sunderland or Palace in which case they have proven to have made the right decision.
  • Options
    Sunderland are bottom three, not sure how that is proven with right decision.

Palace aren't safe yet. Only couple of points away from bottom 3
  • Options

Sunderland are bottom three, not sure how that is proven with right decision.

Palace aren't safe yet. Only couple of points away from bottom 3

The appointments of Poyet and Pulis gave threw in an unlikely fighting chance when it was going very wrong for them.

Percentage of win rate a lot higher then Ollie and Di canio.

• Options
    Found this out while writing something for SLP on Friday:

Over the last 5 Championship seasons, 13 of the 15 relegated sides changed their manager over the course of the season. Only two sides to adopt the patient approach have been punished with relegation.
  • Options

Found this out while writing something for SLP on Friday:

Over the last 5 Championship seasons, 13 of the 15 relegated sides changed their manager over the course of the season. Only two sides to adopt the patient approach have been punished with relegation.

Great stat.

But how many stayed up through change of manager? I'm sure quite a few.

Having said that, I am all for patience.
  • Options
    I had a look at that too. If you take teams who finished within five points of the drop, it's split 50/50. 7 a piece.
  • Options
    I wonder what the stat would be for all championship teams who changed manager in the last 5 years. Did they finish higher or lower than the position they were at when the change occurred?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Addicted said:

I wonder what the stat would be for all championship teams who changed manager in the last 5 years. Did they finish higher or lower than the position they were at when the change occurred?

I think it's already been done (I can't remember whether the period was 5 years). The overall result was a very small improvement.
  • Options
    in most cases I suspect its a 50:50 call. Cardiff being another example of shouldn't change