Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Utd v Brentford Tonight...

Has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch. I wonder if this will have any effect on our match this saturday..??

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    the massive played yesterday on their pitch so I presume it should be alright. weather is crap down here on friday not sure what it's going to be like up north.
  • Options
    Suurely such a massive club, that the good lord will make the rain bypass such a holy place.....after the stick their fans have given us surely that wont happen....i assume any game ist or replay (unlikely) etc will wipe the Barnsley game out.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    a generalisation .. the Bramall pitch is usually in a worse condition then the one at H'boro .. might just be a question of geography and horticulture .. as well as the torrential rain
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch. I wonder if this will have any effect on our match this saturday..??

Probaly. Hillsborough is a dive. Like a throw back to the 50's, You have to slop out after you have been a toilet....Sheff Utds ground is like a premiership ground so if that's been called off we might have to fear the worst...a pig

• Options
    MSE7, Serious question, what have Wednesday ever done to you mate, the bitterness that comes from you towards this fine club is unreal man!

Anyway, getting back to the OP, I'm slightly worried about this game now, very heavy rain is forecast up here for Friday and Saturday.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's off
  • Options
    Massive flood predicted Miss Piggy?
  • Options

Massive flood predicted Miss Piggy?

don't worry david Cameron will send your fans some camping bogs
  • Options

MSE7, Serious question, what have Wednesday ever done to you mate, the bitterness that comes from you towards this fine club is unreal man!

Dunno what your worried about. You can give it large if you win. But if you don't you better go AWOL. lol

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Nothing to worry about.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    OP didn't you have a game abandoned in the 2nd half earlier in the season due to a waterlogged pitch?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

OP didn't you have a game abandoned in the 2nd half earlier in the season due to a waterlogged pitch?

yes

• Options
    It would be great (for us!) if it was 'just about' playable.
  • Options
    On another note the game at Ethiad and Goodison called off because of high winds. The game at the Britania nearly went as well.
  • Options
    Weather forecast says its gonna piss down all day Friday and all early morning on saturday too in Sheffield.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Yes, on the same night a number of PL games had to stop playing as well, good job Charlton wasn't playing that night, I reckon the Royal Navy might of been involved!

OP is a good lad dunno why people are calling him out and acting all hard man to the fella , its ridiculous he don't come on here and give it large in fact quite the opposite, he gives good banter him and the Watford fella are what sites like this need ,

Cheers NLA, I can take it pal, seriously.

• Options
    Let's look at the facts, Sheff Utd called off tonight because of a waterlogged pitch + more bad weather due in the next few days + we play in the same city on Saturday = in my book, concern

Look, I do not want to travel up to the massives on Saturday for them to do a Charlton on us and call it off an hour before kick off.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Let's look at the facts, Sheff Utd called off tonight because of a waterlogged pitch + more bad weather due in the next few days + we play in the same city on Saturday = in my book, concern

Look, I do not want to travel up to the massives on Saturday for them to do a Charlton on us and call it off an hour before kick off.

Our pitch is better then theirs, they have hay and clay mixed with mud and it stores water, but ours is like a Carpet, it will be on despite the monsoon heading here Friday.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Our pitch is better then theirs, they have hay and clay mixed with mud and it stores water, but ours is like a Carpet, it will be on despite the monsoon heading here Friday.
    thanks for the reassurance OP, but you also have a massive sign near the players entrance telling us all how high the water was one year ;)