Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loans in or were down

It's fairly straight forward really, we either get 3 or 4 decent players on loan or were down. We have no chance what so ever of staying up with what we have got. Negative I know but sometimes the truth hurts.

Comments

• Options
    Great.
  • Options
    Not sure it's just new players that will help?
  • Options
    Here they are ' and '. Now use them please.
  • Options
    Who were down? ;-)
  • Options
    Doubt we can have three or four loans as we already have four, and only five allowed in the matchday squad. If we assume Koc is only here for the experience that only leaves space for two at best.
  • Options
    Truth hurts? It's not the truth until we are actually down ... I hope the players don't have as much negativity as some of our fans.

Bolton, Doncaster and Spanners are in much the same position as us ... there is nothing definite about relegation.
  • Options
    At the rate that contracts will run out/loans return we will have to have a 5 a side pre season tour because we won't be able to field 11 players!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Truth hurts? It's not the truth until we are actually down ... I hope the players don't have as much negativity as some of our fans.

Agree.

So many fans raising the white flag of surrender with 3 months of the season left and 18 games to play.

As someone on here once famously said, "I wouldn't want to have to fight in the trenches with them".

Come on, man up people. It's called a relegation fight.

Or at least borrow NLA's big balls.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just hope that the team and playing staff have more backbone than some here. Do people realise that negativity is contagious. We are staying up!
  • Options

Who were down? ;-)

We were down a couple of years ago
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I don't think it is necessarily raising the white flag - but possibly more about the frustration of seeing the importance of getting 2 or 3 loans done sooner rather than later. Without them, we still have a chance, but we need to make that chance as strong as possible.

Of course we don't know how active the club are at the moment in trying to make these loans happen. And when we don't know and everything is quiet - we might be more likely to get concerned that it isn't doing much or enough. I think we are being run by intelligent people, who understand the importance and implications so expect some developments soon. But until I hear/see them - I will be a bit worried, as I suspect, are a lot of supporters.
  • Options
    groundhog posts
  • Options
    No loans soon, according to SCP today.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

No loans soon, according to SCP today.

No loans soon?

Cawley OUT!

• Options

i still think well stay up regardless

my type of post that pal ,

• Options

i still think well stay up regardless

my type of post that pal ,

I think we will too. We are better than Yeovil, Barnsley, Millwall and Bolton imo. Might only finish fifth bottom but we won't go down.

• Options
    Yep, i think we will stay up to, the rest of the season is going be filled with plenty of nerves and misery but in the end we will be fine.

Plus winning the FA Cup will be a nice bonus to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not if the clown plays in goal
  • Options
    dallas said:

not if the clown plays in goal

He'll be out as soon as Hamer is fit....unless you meant Hamer!
  • Options

I don't think it is necessarily raising the white flag - but possibly more about the frustration of seeing the importance of getting 2 or 3 loans done sooner rather than later. Without them, we still have a chance, but we need to make that chance as strong as possible.

Of course we don't know how active the club are at the moment in trying to make these loans happen. And when we don't know and everything is quiet - we might be more likely to get concerned that it isn't doing much or enough. I think we are being run by intelligent people, who understand the importance and implications so expect some developments soon. But until I hear/see them - I will be a bit worried, as I suspect, are a lot of supporters.

Totally agree with this.
  • Options
    The stats are against us staying up, I am resigned to league 1 next season and for many to come.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

The stats are against us staying up, I am resigned to league 1 next season and for many to come.

Are those stats for one of Millwall, Barnsley and Yeovil staying up then?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    msomerton said:

Are you off to support Gillingham then?

• Options

msomerton said:

Are those stats for one of Millwall, Barnsley and Yeovil staying up then?
    Agree - if you look at our stats in isolation - 0.88 points per game-to-date. To get to 50 points at end of season need someting like 1.3 points per game, or a 65% improvement, in the remaining games. Thats a big change - but need to compare to the teams around us - also need to look at potential and, as the financial firms say "past performance in no indication of future performance"! Also might be worth remembering the phrase "There are Lies, damned lies, and statistics"...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

msomerton said:

Are you off to support Gillingham then?

No; watched at selhurst park when things looked bleak. So will watch Charlton in league 1 or Championship, but I remember are previous relegations and the present feels like deja vue. We are just treading waterwaiting for what I do not know.

• Options
    Sheff weds unfortunately have done good bussiness in the loan market today