Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Para-snowboarder suffers critical neck and spinal injuries

The Australian para-snowboarder Matthew Robinson has suffered critical neck and spinal injuries in a racing accident in Spain.

This raises lots of moral issues around the safety of winter sports and in particular paralympic sports. Best wishes to Matthew - I hope he makes as good a recovery as possible.

Guardian article here

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

The Australian para-snowboarder Matthew Robinson has suffered critical neck and spinal injuries in a racing accident in Spain.

This raises lots of moral issues around the safety of winter sports and in particular paralympic sports. Best wishes to Matthew - I hope he makes as good a recovery as possible.

Guardian article here

Moral issues ? what exactly does that mean in this context ?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Chizz said:

Guardian article here

Moral issues ? what exactly does that mean in this context ?
    Some people might think that the danger and risk of injury to Paralympic sportspeople is too great for them to participate in such a dangerous sport. I don't agree with that view.