Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Attn Canadian Addicks!

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but for the first time I can remember, we can watch Charlton on something other than a dodgy webstream!

The FA Cup match Saturday is being broadcast on Sportsnet World at 2:30 Eastern.

Comments

• Options
    Bah, too bad it wasnt on sportsnet1. Maybe ill end up in a bar for it then.
  • Options
    Really? Excellent! Shame its not live but it'll be nice to be able to watch the full 90 mins on a decent sized screen! Now the question is... do I avoid the result?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cheers Can-addick - shows it as a live broadcast on http://watch.sportsnet.ca/world/home - which is the version of Sportsnet I subscribe to (i.e. online coverage as opposed to cable).....
  • Options
    does this mean they'll be a... *ahem* free stream some where on the net of the game?
  • Options
    I've just subscribed to Sportsnet World today so it will be in place for the weekend. Cost is $18.99 plus taxes for a month (with automatic renewal), and I'm told that it can be cancelled at any time prior to the monthly anniversary date (ie March 13). @Oakster I think the cable subscription includes the online stream as well.

I was just delighted to have the chance to actually see these players that I'm always reading about!
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Cheers Can-addick - shows it as a live broadcast on http://watch.sportsnet.ca/world/home - which is the version of Sportsnet I subscribe to (i.e. online coverage as opposed to cable).....

How do you find the online coverage Oakster? I currently have Shaw Cable which is extortionately expensive and we only really use it for the football, at least now the Missus seems to have broken her home improvement show addiction. Do they show all live games or do you find that a lot of the bigger games, i.e. the ones that TSN/NBC cover don't go out on SportsNet online? If they cover decent games and not just Stoke vs Fulham type affairs then I might cancel my cable as this is a whole lot cheaper for just the football package.
  • Options

I've just subscribed to Sportsnet World today so it will be in place for the weekend. Cost is $18.99 plus taxes for a month (with automatic renewal), and I'm told that it can be cancelled at any time prior to the monthly anniversary date (ie March 13). @Oakster I think the cable subscription includes the online stream as well.

I was just delighted to have the chance to actually see these players that I'm always reading about!

Reading the website it looks like that depends on who your Cable provider is. If it's Rogers you sweet, but if not you might not be able to watch online even if you have SportsNet on Cable.

• Options
    Really! Bugger - I'm working Saturday morning. Typical. Hopefully the pub in my hotel will have it on so I can nip in there and catch some of it.
  • Options

Oakster said:

How do you find the online coverage Oakster? I currently have Shaw Cable which is extortionately expensive and we only really use it for the football, at least now the Missus seems to have broken her home improvement show addiction. Do they show all live games or do you find that a lot of the bigger games, i.e. the ones that TSN/NBC cover don't go out on SportsNet online? If they cover decent games and not just Stoke vs Fulham type affairs then I might cancel my cable as this is a whole lot cheaper for just the football package.
    Subscribe to it online Exiled as we don't have cable TV anymore - just use a couple of torrent sites & a VPN for up to the minute British TV & subscribe to Sportsnet World & occasionally Willow TV for the cricket. Canadian/US TV drives me crazy with the incessant adverts.

The quality of both Sportsnet & Willow is fine - its pretty close to HD & looks perfect on my big TV screen - we have fast internet so never any problems with buffering etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah same here, apart from football I watch Netflix (US version off course) and use the iPlayer/4OD. I only still have the Cable because the dodgy feeds for games are just poor quality and unreliable in my experience, maybe I'm just watching to wrong sites. Cable out here is such a rip off out here, they don't even seem to be interested in the "I'll go to Telus/Rogers/Bell" line as a way of doing a deal all while putting out revenue generating adverts every 30 seconds. They don't even put shows out in episode order - it's 99% random repeats and the only decent channel you get is AMC - if you want HBO you gotta pay extra!

My internet connection is good so the online stuff should be fine and I'm quite happy to pay what appears to be a much more reasonable subscription for just what I want to watch instead of being forced to pay for 200+ channels I don't want in order to get 6 channels on which I watch 5% of the content they put out.

I think I'll be on the phone to Shaw tonight to be honest as this solution will shave about $90 off my monthly outgoings, its a bit of a no brainer - it's not like the big matches have been classics this year anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For cable channels, at least CBC and major American networks, lots of people are having great success with digital antennas for free over-the-air HD and all...
  • Options
    Thx for the info., C-A....working w/my son this w/e so must miss this. I have refused to ante up the $22/month to receive Sportsnet World, but will have to do so when Charlton reach the FA Final......!!!! COYA...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If this is being shown on TV, hopefully I'll be able to find a decent stream to watch it from...............
  • Options
    Its also live here on Bein Sport 4 (Al Jazeera) so there should easily be a stream tomorrow.
  • Options
    Your probably right about a stream if it keeps raining up in Sheffield as that's all you will be watching if its called off. ;o)
  • Options
    Does anybody know if the game will be broadcast on SN World this Monday?
  • Options
    looks like the game will be shown live on Sportsnet Online tomorrow...
  • Options
    You got a link Oakster? Do we have to subscibe for this? Have looked at sportsnet's most confusing schedule and can't see anything.
  • Options
    According to http://www.sportsnet.ca/schedule/, it is on the TV channel at 4:30pm today. It appears that it'll be carried on the online version as well, as @Oakster has suggested, although that's at 2:45pm.
  • Options

According to http://www.sportsnet.ca/schedule/, it is on the TV channel at 4:30pm today. It appears that it'll be carried on the online version as well, as @Oakster has suggested, although that's at 2:45pm.

It really can't start at 2:45pm as the match doesn't kick off to 19:45. Otherwise, it would be approaching half time now. ;o)

• Sponsored links:

• Options

It's not live as if you scroll a bit to the left, you'd see the hull vs Brighton game...
  • Options
    Anyone know what time zone that 2:45 is quoted for though? If it's eastern time that would make it live right? That would make sense to me as I can't see why they'd put out a delayed feed as you can watch old games back on Sportnet Online anyway so no real reason to delay the feed.
  • Options
    Bcaddick said:

You got a link Oakster? Do we have to subscibe for this? Have looked at sportsnet's most confusing schedule and can't see anything.

@Bcaddick - my login page is http://watch.sportsnet.ca/world/home

@Exiled_Addick - it's on live, so 12.45 our time
  • Options
    edited February 2014

It's not live as if you scroll a bit to the left, you'd see the hull vs Brighton game...
    they show multiple games (online) at the same time, you can split the screen up to something like 8 games if you want
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    On a hunch, looked ahead and...praise be! They're showing the Blades match too! 8am on March 9th. Almost enough to keep me from resenting paying a king's ransom for this channel, albeit temporarily. And yes...that's Eastern time.
  • Options
    Result!!! 5am over here! Now the dilemma is whether to bother going to bed on the saturday night or just stay up!
  • Options
    Hey all - not sport related my been considering emigrating to Canada for a while. Any thoughts /recommendations? Currently living in SE London, work in banking, young family, partners a teacher and just a little bored with things. Canada seems like a good alternative
  • Options
    Hi James, I'd be happy to speak to you by phone, email or however to tell you anything about living here that you'd like, or answer any questions that I can.

That said, I'm Canadian born and raised. Perhaps some of the expats on here could give you some insight that would be more applicable.

Happy to help however I can, though. Message me anytime, if you wish.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Hey all - not sport related my been considering emigrating to Canada for a while. Any thoughts /recommendations? Currently living in SE London, work in banking, young family, partners a teacher and just a little bored with things. Canada seems like a good alternative

Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions. I'm based in Edmonton, Alberta and have been for nearly 3 years. So far I love it and Canada certainly seems to have a lot going for it right now.

Did you have an specific area you were thinking about moving to?

• Options
    jamescafc said:

First thing to do James is work out how you would qualify and how long it would take just to get a permit. Once you are here, you are pretty much here for good in terms of maintaining the right to live here, that is until you become a Canadian Citizen when you can then leave more.

It is a great place to live - do you already have in mind whereabouts in the country you fancy?