Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Finney RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    RIP, Nice to hear Charlton get a mention during a tribute to Tom Finney, earlier on R5L.....this was with regards to the 3-4 defeat, before my time but guess my dad (RIP) would have been there.
  • Options
    All Preston players wearing shirts with Finney on the back
  • Options
    Such a shame there is so little footage of the greats like Sir Tom,Sir Stanley et al.
    Would be great to watch a whole game with them playing.
    RIP Sir Tom Finney,gone but never forgotten.Commisserations to his family and all PNE fans.
  • Options
    True legend RIP sir
  • Options
    RIP

Good to see an immaculately observed period of silence in respect too.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    A colourised photo of the great man.

• Options
    I have been away for the weekend and just found out - a true legend - RIP.
  • Options
    Why no minute's silence before today's match? Poor show.
  • Options
    They did a minutes applause which I think is the correct procedure when a sporting hero passes away in their 90's after a full and enjoyable life.
    Minutes silences, in my opinion, should be saved for marking more tragic events.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

They did a minutes applause which I think is the correct procedure when a sporting hero passes away in their 90's after a full and enjoyable life.
    Minutes silences, in my opinion, should be saved for marking more tragic events.

I agree but there was no minutes applause either...
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Fine with applause instead, but no silence or applause before the start at the Valley today - or did I miss it somehow??!!.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Riviera said:

Fine with applause instead, but no silence or applause before the start at the Valley today - or did I miss it somehow??!!.
    Apologies, I don't know why but I read your post as asking why not at the Palace game! I think, but don't know, that ours would have been at Hillsborough if that had been played. I don't think they are carried over as such.
    Palace didn't have a game last weekend so that's why they had their moment today.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Davo55 said:

Riviera said:

Apologies, I don't know why but I read your post as asking why not at the Palace game! I think, but don't know, that ours would have been at Hillsborough if that had been played. I don't think they are carried over as such.
    Palace didn't have a game last weekend so that's why they had their moment today.
    There's a few matches on MOTD that had a minute's applause, where teams didn't play last weekend. Would have been nice for us to make that gesture too.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Things like this are directives from the FA or Football League, I guess as far as those bodies are concerned ours was at Hillsborough, maybe it will be done on Monday night. I agree with you that it would have been nice but I guess there are lots of things going on at Charlton at the moment and it probably slipped by our new inexperienced (as we keep hearing them referred to as) back room staff.
  • Options
    today was his funeral, thousands lined the road as his cortège moved from Deepdale to Preston Minster as well as thousands in Deepdale watching proceedings on their big screen.
    A gentleman and one of our greatest players, we must remember him.