Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Life of rock with Brian Pern

Have a watch, hilarious

Comments

• Options
    Yes, watched it earlier in the week - the spoof portrayal of his 70s public schoolboy band was a masterpiece. I couldn't work out whether they were based on Genesis or Pink Floyd - the former I think.

Very Fast Show and very funny. BBC4 if you've missed it.
  • Options
    When was it on? Is it on iplayer?
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

The next episode's on Monday at 10 pm and the 1st is still on BBC iplayer

• Options

johnny73 said:

The next episode's on Monday at 10 pm and the 1st is still on BBC iplayer

Thanks. The wife had me looking for this last night but she didn't know what it was called.
  • Options
    Dont know why but the scene with Matt Lucas as the producer and him shuffling up on his chair had me in stitches, very simple but very funny
  • Options
    Amusing but a outrageous rip-off of The Rutles.
  • Options
    You're not going to produce something like this without treading on the toes of previous ' comic rockumentaries', but I'm glad they tried because it is very fertile ground. This showed a real knowledge and affection for the bands and music as well as some savage pisstaking in places. There were a lot of people in on this joke and prepared not to take themselves too seriously, and it produced some genuine laugh out loud moments - I thought it would either be brilliant or a total disaster and was relieved that it didn't end up the latter - looking forward to the next one now.
  • Options
    Just watched the last episode. The duet when Brian is totally "outsung" is brilliant.
  • Options
    Love it! The musical collaboration with the gorilla - brilliant!!