Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff away rearranged match /travel

Is there anything the club or train company can do in terms of all of us that paid out for train fares ,
The coach lot will get
"Free" travel to the rearranged match , but what about us folk who made the journey by train ?

Any one know if anything can be sorted out , as I'm sure we won't take as many to the rematch

Comments

• Options
    Just back from ski-ing in Slovenia so probably one of the few that benefits from the postponement. Happy to take tickets and coach off someone who can't make the rearranged fixture to save wasting them. Contact me if interested. I am in Orpington.
  • Options
    Sorting anything out for those that paid train fares, surely that leads to more problems....

I drove, what about my petrol?
  • Options
    You can get Megabus:

Departs 13:30 London , Victoria Coach Station
    Arrives 17:00 Sheffield , Meadowhall Interchange
    3hrs 30mins
    £5.00

Or

Departs 15:00 London , Victoria Coach Station
    Arrives 18:30 Sheffield , Meadowhall Interchange
    3hrs 30mins
    £5.00

Return!!

Departs 01:40am Sheffield , Meadowhall Interchange
    Arrives 05:40am London , Victoria Coach Station
    4hrs
    £5

Round trip £10
    Match ticket £15

Badge of Honour, free.

• Options

Is there anything the club or train company can do in terms of all of us that paid out for train fares ,
    The coach lot will get
    "Free" travel to the rearranged match , but what about us folk who made the journey by train ?

Any one know if anything can be sorted out , as I'm sure we won't take as many to the rematch

How do you know the coach lot will get free travel? We were told that a decision will be made on Monday with regards free travel or refunds.

• Options
    Only got as. Far as Harlow so not so bad, had a feeling!
    How far did coaches get?
  • Options
    On the coach from Maidstone today and we got as far as Peterboro when we turned around. Back home by 2:30pm.
  • Options
    if anyone was on valley away but cannot make the rearranged game I'll certainly have your coach tickets to save going to waste. would pay if needsbe we can meet before QPR game
  • Options
    seth plum said:

You can get Megabus:

Departs 13:30 London , Victoria Coach Station
    Arrives 17:00 Sheffield , Meadowhall Interchange
    3hrs 30mins
    £5.00

Or

Departs 15:00 London , Victoria Coach Station
    Arrives 18:30 Sheffield , Meadowhall Interchange
    3hrs 30mins
    £5.00

Return!!

Departs 01:40am Sheffield , Meadowhall Interchange
    Arrives 05:40am London , Victoria Coach Station
    4hrs
    £5

Round trip £10
    Match ticket £15

Badge of Honour, free.

Nice one Seth, saved me looking this one up!
  • Options
    Why would you get free train tickets though? Train company took you to where you wanted to go.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Why would you get free train tickets though? Train company took you to where you wanted to go.

I agree, however the ticket inspector on the return trip, told us to ask for comment form and write to them. He said explain what happened, he said you may get vouchers towards another trip. You can't moan at that if you get anything back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014

The coach lot will get

How do you know the coach lot will get free travel? We were told that a decision will be made on Monday with regards free travel or refunds.

That's probably because nobody in authority would be available to make the decision. There's absolutely no way in the real world the club can retain £22 apiece for ferrying supporters to Watford Gap and back - and there is ample precedent of refunds from aborted away coach trips in recent years.