Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IF and I mean IF we got to the fa cup final that would mean ..

We would be in the Europa league , my question is ..

Would we have a decent crowd ? I mean you look at Wigan still no where near sold out on euro nights same goes for Swansea , do you think CAFC fans would be interested and up for a euro run ? I personally would love to see the sight of the beautiful red and black crest involved in that euro draw .. I just hope we would get decent crowd's in as it doesn't seem all that popular with other English teams ... What do you all think ?

Comments

• Options
    Thinking too far ahead mate. We only beat oxford (over two legs) and narrowly beat Huddersfield away.
  • Options
    I don't think it's a question we'll ever have to worry about.
  • Options
    I think you're mental even contemplating it.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Thinking too far ahead mate. We only beat oxford (over two legs) and narrowly beat Huddersfield away.

Oh yeah I don't think well get there haha I'm just interested to see what the reactions would be

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Didnt I read after the Huddersfield win on here that the FA Cup Runner-Up doesnt get the Europa League spot now?

Edit... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup#European_qualification... Thats from 2015/2016... Should we lose the Final we'll enter at the Q3 stage should we win the competition we'd enter at the Group stage
  • Options
    Oh .. I heard it was both - could be wrong
  • Options

Didnt I read after the Huddersfield win on here that the FA Cup Runner-Up doesnt get the Europa League spot now?

Edit... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup#European_qualification... Thats from 2015/2016... Should we lose the Final we'll enter at the Q3 stage should we win the competition we'd enter at the Group stage

Thanks for that - Group stage for us then , Simon church to discover his form and fire us to the final .. Theres IF. ;)

• Options
    The interest for home games is pony ... But even the likes of Wigan took maaaaasive numbers away

#newgroundsyndrome
  • Options
    Surely gaining a place in Europe would include a significant financial reward , which Is why I think it is strange the Roland hasn't "gone for it" seeing as he wants liege in the champions league and all
  • Options

Thanks for that - Group stage for us then , Simon church to discover his form and fire us to the final .. Theres IF. ;)

Thats not an IF... that a WTF?? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He said 'if' in the title twice and still get same old response: 'that'll never happen'..

To actually answer the question- I think probably yes if we get a big team. Other than that no
  • Options
    I couldn't imagine our away support being overly brilliant sorely? we are know where near as big as teams like Chelsea and united who have a massive fan base abroad to be able to attened these Europe games but I cant see us wanting to be late for work the next day ;-)
  • Options
    Well, actually, would we? I read somewhere that UEFA limit owners to having one club under their control in competition to prevent an obvious conflict of interest. So if Standard Liege make it into European competition the owner would have a choice to make. There are probably ways around it but this is the situation I think - will let others Google for this as I'm about to have lunch.
  • Options
    Well the way Roland dishes out clubs to partners/family members we will probably be owned by his dog.
  • Options

Well, actually, would we? I read somewhere that UEFA limit owners to having one club under their control in competition to prevent an obvious conflict of interest. So if Standard Liege make it into European competition the owner would have a choice to make. There are probably ways around it but this is the situation I think - will let others Google for this as I'm about to have lunch.

Liege will be in the champions league next season
  • Options
    Does Roland's dog have a bank account iaitch?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Liege will be in the champions league next season
    Yet could drop into the Europa League should they fail to progress enough
  • Options
    I think the opening post is incorrect.

We wouldn't get into Europe just for getting to the final.

If we got to the final and lost to a team that qualifies for the Champions League then I think we would be in the Europa League but suppose we get to the final and lost to Hull, for example, then we wouldn't.
  • Options

I couldn't imagine our away support being overly brilliant sorely? we are know where near as big as teams like Chelsea and united who have a massive fan base abroad to be able to attened these Europe games but I cant see us wanting to be late for work the next day ;-)

You'll be surprised. I have seen us abroad about six times and we take quite a lot for the pre-seasons. Roda and Valencia I reckon we took about 250 to each
  • Options
    Yeah I went to Valencia. Was one of the best days out. Got on the Spainish club scene afterwards. Swerved the beers and Steamed straight into the Spirits. Ended up on the Licor de Orujo then spent the last day on the Run from the Mrs in the Costa Del Crime.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forget it. A routine 2-0 defeat on a rainy, cold, dark night in Sheffield awaits, then back to the relegation battle.
  • Options
    I'm sure if they played the Europa League on the moon next season , we'd have 500 fans turn up for it.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Well the way Roland dishes out clubs to partners/family members we will probably be owned by his dog.

Hope so - Can we have some money for some top loans? Woof - great, thanks Rover.
  • Options

I'm sure if they played the Europa League on the moon next season , we'd have 500 fans turn up for it.

They won't play on the moon...there's no atmosphere.
  • Options
    Another very long and expensive journey that I can't afford, but will find from somewhere.
  • Options
    Hope Seb & Ollie both have passports!.