Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dear Lord....

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
Dear Lord,

As a supporter of both Charlton Athletic Football CLub and England Cricket Team, i wish to protest at the undue stress and diappointment that you have bequeathed me recently.
Since Dec 1, both Charlton and England have played 12 games each (league games in respect of Charlton), of which the sum total of wins for both teams is a magnificent 2 (1 for each team) with 22 games either being won by the opposition or drawn.
Now, if there is any justice in this world, then you will allow Charlton to beat both Sheffield teams to progress to the hallowed turf of Wembley, and you will also allow England to reign supreme at the upcoming 20/20 World Cup. Also, if you wish to try to redress the imbalance, then wins at Millwall and any other teams would be a huge boost to turning around my religious apathy.
My Lord, i promise, that if you were to allow said events, that i would 1) Start going to Church ,2) Stop swearing like a trooper and 3) Wouldnt nick my Sons last Rolo.

Amen.

Comments

• Options

...and 3) Wouldnt nick my Sons last Rolo.

Amen.

Woh woh let's not get unreasonable - what are children good for except a never-ending source of confectionery made more exquisite through their rarity?
  • Options
    'ello son,

I ain't 'eard from you in a while and you write me this old pony.

OK, I'll fink about your request but you can't 'ave your cake and eat it. You need to choose me old china - the Addicks 'fru to the semis and England to blow out at the 20/20s or vice versa.

Your decision, son. Let me know.

Kisses, God

p.s. don't forget I can see all, your face is stuffed full of your boy's last Rolos as I write
  • Options
    ...stop swearing at Church...