Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday ticket refund information?

As the OS doesn't tell you how to do it, how do you get a refund for the postponed FA Cup game, as I can't go on Monday?

Comments

• Options
    send tickets back to Club and they will refund the same way as you paid for them. or take them to ticket office by 2pm Saturday. coach will be refunded too if you were travelling that way.
  • Options

send tickets back to Club and they will refund the same way as you paid for them. or take them to ticket office by 2pm Saturday. coach will be refunded too if you were travelling that way.

Thanks, I presume they'll still have all the details on the system, but I'll add in my details on a covering slip to be safe. A bit odd that this isn't explicitly stated on the OS though...
  • Options
    I think the club have been a joke. If this was a bog standard away game they would tell us about the refunds but as they are pocketing from this tie they have said nothing.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

I think the club have been a joke. If this was a bog standard away game they would tell us about the refunds but as they are pocketing from this tie they have said nothing.

Fully agree.
    Yet they can find the time post stupid Instagram videos etc...
  • Options
    I was told yesterday that you have up until Monday to get a refund.
  • Options
    was working in Greenwich yesterday so drove to Valley. Parked car, walked to ticket window. Handed over tickets, filled out form, gave them debit card, money refunded. Took about 60 seconds

What a joke my club is : - (
  • Options
    When I rang they originally said Friday then I moaned and said I cant make it till the game on Saturday and they changed it till Saturday 2pm.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Nicholas said:

Fully agree.
    Yet they can find the time post stupid Instagram videos etc...
    It's a bit naughty I agree...
    I can't make the ground before Saturday, and getting there before 2 is a push as well, so I'm sending it back in the post (though it might be easier all round if I just cross the date and 'Wednesday' out and replace those details with 8th March and 'United' :-)
  • Options
    I went to the Valley today and got a refund. I had originally paid in cash, but they refunded onto my card which is OK by me, they won't do cash refunds it seems.
    I brought up Airman's heads up about how we might shift 5000+ tickets in a few days if we were to go through in the Cup after a replay. The lady at the counter recognised that they would have to 'live there', but she seemed cool with the idea that the job would need to get done.
  • Options
    i cannot get to the ground until after saturday so do i just post back my ticket with a note saying please refund???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd keep the ticket. It will be worth a fortune in years to come due to our win in the F.A. Cup this year. ;-)
  • Options

i cannot get to the ground until after saturday so do i just post back my ticket with a note saying please refund???

Dont forget to send all your credit card details in the post too so they can actually refund it.

• Options
    Someone appears to have made a policy decision not to give refund information on the OS. I think that's an odd thing to do, as it must increase the workload for staff dealing with phone enquiries and it's unlikely to change people's minds about asking for one.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Dont forget to send all your credit card details in the post too so they can actually refund it.

I didn't include my bank/card details, but have just been phoned by the ticket office for them, which is fair enough! I had assumed that they would be able to find my original card payment details on the system

Someone appears to have made a policy decision not to give refund information on the OS. I think that's an odd thing to do, as it must increase the workload for staff dealing with phone enquiries and it's unlikely to change people's minds about asking for one.

I haven't phoned the ticket office this week, but does the recorded message mention how to get a refund?
  • Options
    no it doesn't. perhaps CP has been unavailable to record it ;-)
  • Options

no it doesn't. perhaps CP has been unavailable to record it ;-)

Hello this is Chris Powell here. Apologies for the lack of information about how to get a Sheffield Wednesday ticket refund, but I've been stuck outside the QPR training ground begging Shaun Wright-Phillips to join us. I even told him he was better than Bradley, but he said he knew that anyway. If you need a refund, search on the internet, I'm sure you'll find the answer. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

was working in Greenwich yesterday so drove to Valley. Parked car, walked to ticket window. Handed over tickets, filled out form, gave them debit card, money refunded. Took about 60 seconds

I received similar treatment myself today, made my blood boil how difficult it was......................
  • Options

Yes a joke, I cant stroll up to the ticket office anytime in the week. The lack of info on the OS is piss poor, If they had put some info about posting back the tickets more people like me could have done that. Now I have to get to the ground ridiculously early on Saturday to change them. What about the people who cant make Saturday and don't use this site.
  • Options
    Since I can recognise the players - even the new ones! - I don't need the squad list on the back of the programme. I wouldn't suggest the club stopped publishing it, though.
  • Options
    Took 2 minutes and a slight detour yesterday. Agree about the difficulty for anyone not in the area.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Yes a joke, I cant stroll up to the ticket office anytime in the week. The lack of info on the OS is piss poor, If they had put some info about posting back the tickets more people like me could have done that. Now I have to get to the ground ridiculously early on Saturday to change them. What about the people who cant make Saturday and don't use this site.
    In the time you took posting on here about our "joke" club you could have rung them up and found out all the info you needed.

Yes they should have been more forthcoming with the info but can you really not take some initiative and just ask if it is so pressing for you?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    There's a good reason for the club to publish the refund information on its website, aside from the obvious one of assisting supporters and reducing telephone enquiries.

If, as reported on here, it doesn't want to transact refunds in the period 2-3pm on Saturday, because that will obstruct ticket sales for the match, it needs to explain that in advance. For a lot of people the obvious time to get a refund is the last hour before kick-off, because that's when they can be there anyway. Not flagging that issue, and allowing people the best opportunity to make other plans, is likely to lead to arguments at the windows before the game.

The other problem - from experience - is that not everyone understands that refunds need to be claimed (usually 24 hours) before the game is played and that will be especially true in this case because of the short turnaround. Some people will assume that because they bought a ticket for a time and date on which they game was not played, they are still entitled to a refund after the event. They're not, but the club would be in a stronger position later to argue that if it makes it clear in advance and can point to the statement it put out.

Finally, the club will find it difficult to gauge now many coaches it needs for Monday until the refunds are in, so it would have been sensible to have encouraged those to come in early.
  • Options
    I did a few hours before and let everyone know on another thread before this started, I also stated I rang on this thread too. In fact if I didn’t post at all a lot more people would still be clueless about the refunds.

But you would prefer me and loads of other supporters all phone up a premium number to get the same bit of info wasting my time the workers in the ticket office time. when the club could have stuck one extra sentence about refunds in the Postponed game article.

You know as well as I do the only reason the club hasn't put anything on the OS about refunds is because they make a profit out of these ticket sales, and they know full well not everyone is going to think about getting their money refunded straight away. Like I said before it was a league game they would have given us the info.

• Options
    Yes and thanks for reminding me AB, if I hadn't have put it on here about refunds by 2pm how many people would be argiung the toss with the people in the ticket office. Causing long ques and delays for people actually trying to buy tickets for the game.
  • Options
    Nicholas, I for one was grateful for your info as I would have rocked up about 2.15pm (depending on VG coach arrival) on Saturday and been turned away and then not been able to go there after the game (even if they are open) as I'd be holding up a coach of 50 Valley Express fans and I doubt they'd appreciate the wait meaning I wouldn't be able to return our four tickets.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

But you would prefer me and loads of other supporters all phone up a premium number to get the same bit of info wasting my time the workers in the ticket office time. when the club could have stuck one extra sentence about refunds in the Postponed game article.

No, I'd prefer you not to label the entire club a "joke" because the information, that you say you already had as you rung them up, wasn't instantly put on the OS.

They should have posted the info, no one is disagreeing with that, but it is your totally OTT reaction describing an entire organisation as a "joke" when you could have 1. posted the tickets 2. They agreed to you coming in on Saturday when you said Friday was unreasonable, which I agree it is.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    This is probably about coaches at least as much as it is about match ticket revenue.

If Charlton sold 1,800 tickets at an average ticket price of £9 (bearing in mind kids were £1) then only about £6k of that money will be theirs, after the revenue split and VAT. And a third will probably go anyway, meaning the club is only down £4k ticket revenue on the postponement, which it will probably more than recoup from extra home supporters encouraged by the prospect of a Sheffield derby.

I understand there were eight coaches - assuming 49 passengers on each at £22, that's £8,624 in revenue to be offset against the unrecoverable coach costs. They don't get any more revenue from putting the coaches on again, but they have to pay the provider again. So although there would have been a useful profit margin on Saturday if the game had gone ahead and will be a smaller one next Monday, they stand to lose the entire cost of putting on the coaches last Saturday - whatever that is in practice - less whatever the profit is on Monday.

Problem is, they'll have to provide coach seats for people who don't claim refunds in time whether they are travelling again or not, because they won't know whether they are going to turn up. It really would have been better to have been straightforward and have put the information out.
  • Options
    So now this is about players being sold which is, of course, on the same level as ticket refunds.

Give me strength.

• Options
    Bore off. 6 points I put on there and you fail to mention the other 5 you know are true and come back with that shit.