Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

With Our Backlog

Why on earth are we not playing this week?

Comments

• Options
    My thoughts exactly. There were also midweek games last week but not for us. Don't understand the fixture list but maybe there's a good explanation.
  • Options
    I hope the FL takes note of the fact that due to unforeseeable circumstances such as weather and the fact that Championship clubs can and do make it to the semis of the FA Cup, there needs to be more provision for games played earlier in the season. There were not many midweek fixtures in our league in the months leading up to November and we skipped a few weekends for internationals and League Cup fixtures. We had plenty of chances to replay Doncaster midweek in the months after the 3-1 cancellation but the replay took ages to happen. Now we are facing the prospect of playing twice a week for the next 9 weeks. The fixture lists definitely need to be front loaded for earlier in the season as cancellations and postponements are inevitable. It especially hurts a squad like ours who are currently 3 games behind but we had to sell 3 of our best players in January. That's potentially 3 games we play with a weaker squad because of poor fixture timing. Even if we took 4 extra points from those 3 games because we still had our best players, that could make all the difference in May.
  • Options

My thoughts exactly. There were also midweek games last week but not for us. Don't understand the fixture list but maybe there's a good explanation.

Like ..... nobody wants to play on The Valley pitch yet?

;o)
  • Options
    we should have played Leeds
  • Options
    Or Bournemouth at home. We could have done with a winnable fixture. Get the Kermogant thing out the way.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Like ..... nobody wants to play on The Valley pitch yet?

;o)
    Agree
    Would you?

• Options
    Also I use the word "pitch" losely