Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many wins?

I have just gone through our remaining fixtures and think that 9 of them we have a good chance of winning if we play to our potential. Would this be enough to keep us up? How many wins realistically do we need to stay up?

Comments

• Options
    eug72 said:

I have just gone through our remaining fixtures and think that 9 of them we have a good chance of winning if we play to our potential. Would this be enough to keep us up? How many wins realistically do we need to stay up?

That would give us 51 points which should be enough (I think 46/47 is the benchmark for survival).

I think winning 50% of our remaining games is rather optimistic given that we've won 18% of them so far (with arguably a stronger squad).
  • Options
    Winning 9!!! I can see 3 or 4 at most the remaining fixtures all look tough to me given our form at moment and can't see where next point is coming from let alone 9 wins? Have u not watched us lately?
  • Options

Winning 9!!! I can see 3 or 4 at most the remaining fixtures all look tough to me given our form at moment and can't see where next point is coming from let alone 9 wins? Have u not watched us lately?

This, winning 9 is laughable.
  • Options
    We need to win 9 of are last 18 games, that is ratio we have not even approached so far this season. I would guess 3 wins and 3-4 draws at most. That is rlegation.
  • Options
    Charlton V QPR L

Leicester V Charlton L

Charlton v Watford D

Charlton V Huddersfield W

Millwall V Charlton L

Charlton V Bournemouth W

Charlton V Burnley L

Nottm Forest V Charlton L

Derby V Charlton L

Leeds V Charlton L

Charlton V Reading D

Charlton V Yeovil W

Brighton V Charlton D

Charlton V Barnsley W

Charlton V Bolton W

Sheff Wed V Charlton D

Charlton V Blackburn D

Blackpool V Charlton D

Just a quick stab at what we got left but probably unrealistic considering I've got us to go unbeaten for the last 8 games and at the moment I can't see us going unbeaten for 90 minutes
  • Options

This, winning 9 is laughable.
    Yeah it's hilarious!
    No point being optimistic on this site, it's full of doom and gloomers. I said if we played to our potential. I know it's a big ask but you never know.

• Options
    Even them results above !!! Would only take us to 45 points which still might not be enough to stay up?
  • Options
    I think win 6, draw 6 and lose 6 is a combination that would keep us up. 48 points is probably enough
  • Options
    We will beat QPR, season starts Saturday.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Masicat never wrong.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:

I really think this Would kick start our season. It seems forever since our last game.
  • Options
    Nine wins! Dream on... One thing that struck me during the home game against Birmingham was that despite being 1-0 down for most of the match we were unable to stage a sustained assault on their goal. I can't see us gaining more than about 16 points from our remaining games.
  • Options
    One win would be nice! Can't see it in the near future.
    Unless we get a decent striker and wide player.
    Think this Pete the Pole is all a hype and we're not going to see
    much of him this season. (Hope I'm wrong)!
    Reza too lightweight, we've all seen Church and Sordell
    they don't inspire confidence.
  • Options
    I can see us getting 41 points this season. We can't keep many clean sheets and hardly ever score more than one. Not sure its doom and gloom but realism considering how totally shocking we have been all season.
  • Options

I can see us getting 41 points this season. We can't keep many clean sheets and hardly ever score more than one. Not sure its doom and gloom but realism considering how totally shocking we have been all season.

I went through all the fixtures and had us on 41 as well, staying up on GD with Millwall going down.
  • Options
    So long as the players try hard I'll be happy. Hard to see us winning many games...
  • Options
    6 would leave it tight. 7 and a few draws would be enough.
  • Options
    Charlton V QPR L

Leicester V Charlton L

Charlton v Watford D

Millwall V Charlton D

Charlton V Bournemouth W

Charlton V Burnley L

Derby V Charlton L

Leeds V Charlton D

Charlton V Reading D

Charlton V Yeovil W

Brighton V Charlton L

Charlton V Barnsley W

Charlton V Bolton W

Sheff Wed V Charlton D

Charlton V Blackburn W

Blackpool V Charlton W
  • Options
    I've thought all season that 12 or 13 wins is about right - along with the right amount of draws... Can't see where the other 8 or so wins will come from but, you have to believe. Our main problem will be when one of the teams directly above us wins - the gap will then stretch and our games in hand will be with added pressure - don't think we'll cope with that but, I hope I'm wrong. COYA!
  • Options
    The five game stretch between and including the Watford and Burnley games will make or break us. If we get something out of at least three of these games and do not find ourselves cut off adrift then we have a chance. If we lose all five we are stuffed. We need to keep ourselves in it for the run of games against Barnsley. Yeovil etc. If we get to that point ten points adrift then the game is up.

I think we will go down. This season just has that feel about it. But there is some hope:

1. I saw more football in the first 20 minutes against Brum than I have seen all season. If we can keep that up and the new boys gel then we might, just might, be on to something.

2. I cling to the view that both Barnsley and Yeovil are rank bad and can be discounted already.

3. Millwall have not had a new manager "bounce" to any great extent and have not made the most of our inactivity of late.

I'm not convinced that anyone else will feature in the eventual shake up - Blackpool are awful but a nine point gap is a lot and Bolton seem the scrape together a result or two every so often. This could be the year where we stay up with a record low points total. 40 could be enough and I can see us getting there. But 50 is for the birds I'm afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton V QPR D

Leicester V Charlton W

Charlton v Watford L

Millwall V Charlton W

Charlton V Bournemouth L

Charlton V Burnley L

Derby V Charlton L

Leeds V Charlton W

Charlton V Reading L

Charlton V Yeovil W

Brighton V Charlton L

Charlton V Barnsley L

Charlton V Bolton D

Sheff Wed V Charlton W

Charlton V Blackburn L

Blackpool V Charlton W

i am saying this because when you look at our league form, we owrk on a 4 game pattern, one streak is better or worse than the other. so one good streak and one poor streak, mainly because we either have a setback or have been poor for a while so strive extra hard for a good run. more or less this is the pattern, next 4 games i expect will be very strong due to the fact we have had 4 defeat on the bounce. if we have a run of games where say we get a win, 2 draws and a loss then the next run will be mixed but poor. go ahead and check all 28 of our games, it is not perfect obviously but more or less.
  • Options
    9 wins? I wouldn't bet on us scoring 9 goals.
  • Options
    We should beat Barnsley, Huddersfield , Yeovil and Bournemouth. Knowing us we'll draw all 4
  • Options
    Real test of wits sat now
    Ravel Morrison vs flappy bird
  • Options
    It will be decided by the end of this run of 4 homes in 5 games: (well if we have any chance I mean)

Saturday March 8
    15:00 Championship Charlton Watford

Tuesday March 11
    19:45 Championship Charlton Huddersfld

Saturday March 15
    15:00 Championship Millwall Charlton

Tuesday March 18
    19:45 Championship Charlton Bournemouth

Saturday March 22
    15:00 Championship Charlton Burnley
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

masicat said:

Masicat never wrong.

How right you are.