Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going back to league one, our gates will be 10,000!!

As a worried fan as I am sure we all are on this site, the dreaded league one again, will cost us another 2-3 (maybe more) thousand fans who will not return.
Our gates are lower than last season and some gates are lower than we had in Div 1.
Every year we lose the 'casual fan', which are important to our club.
Yes, we could survive in League one, with current owners and the players, but the Fan base will be damaged for years and that is a worry.
Our last game vs Brum (correct me please) and take away the Brum fans, we had almost 12 thousand fans.
I know other teams crowds are low as well, but ours are getting worse.
As an owner I would be looking at this and would be concerned.
In the next five games could tell us we could be playing the mighty Gillingham!!!
I can see the Target 10,000 group reforming...happy days!!

Comments

• Options
    Times are hard for some
    Paying to see sub standard football on a substandard pitch
    Is Maybee not the no1 priority to use their hard earned income
    On?
    Even my lads have stopped going now and they have st 'not wasting my day watching that dross'
    But I will still keep going up to a point!
  • Options
    10,000? PHEW! Last I heard (http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1723930#Comment_1723930) they were going to be 8,000.
  • Options
    To be honest if I bought tickets game by game I would not pay to watch football at the Valley, the quality of football has been massively hampered by the pitch.
  • Options

If we get relegated then:

the probability of winning games will increase
    the probability of winning the league we are in will increase
    the possibility of playing more attractive football may increase

What will be will be, we will just have to deal with what happens.

#wedontdowalkingaway
  • Options
    We could also be the 10th ranked team in London. That's scary.
  • Options
    come the end of this season we will have hit our lowest point, we will then either be safe or relegated but will be on the up. Relegation on the up may sound strange but I strongly believe RD and his team will be giving us more to cheer about. Punching above our weight last season and now where most expected us to be. The difference being RD can take us further. FRF my kids are the same right now but they still wear the shirt with pride when training or out with mates and will be back to take up their seats. Think they demand more than us sometimes! COYR
  • Options
    I went from ST to pay as I go this year for a number of reasons that are my own business but none of them are rocket science to work out. I intended to attend at least every second game. I have been to five. I will go to more as the relegation battle hots up but I'm afraid the constant spiral under the previous regime, uncertainty as to whether I buy Roland's project and the crap football on a crap pitch has all just conspired to make me choosy as to how I spend my cash. I'm not going on Saturday. Just don't feel like it and I'm having a problem justifying "Gold" games to myself at the moment. I suspect there are many more like me. Before the brickbats start, I don't consider myself any less of a fan than I was when I had a ST - I still spend too much time than is healthy on here, I am glued to every last bit of speculation and when I don't go to a game I get withdrawal symptoms. But this is the entertainment business and this season (and last season) it has been a long way from entertaining. Anyway, I'm going to Leicester next Saturday. If I see signs that RD is serious and that there is hope for the sort of future I want to see in keeping with our traditions (this afternoon may provide a sign), then I'll be back on the ST trail (so long as the prices reflect the league we are in).
  • Options
    Yeah but we may be in Europe.

Napoli on a Thursday, Fleetwood on a Sunday.
  • Options
    cafcdan18 said:

Yeah but we may be in Europe.

Napoli on a Thursday, Fleetwood on a Sunday.

I would take that.

• Options
    Being in League One are my favourite years watching Charlton. Promotion season and the last 2 I haven't bothered getting a season ticket. More money for away days. We've got to all realise we are a mid to lower Championship team at best! So many fans are deluded and still stuck in the Prem years.