Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

International Call-ups

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
Well done on Reza, Church and PP being called up to their relative international sides, but we could do without 3 of our 4 forwards playing even more games with our fixture pile-up. Reza will have to do some mileage.

Plus if the Wednesday game goes to a replay Reza plays just 1 or 2 days before against Kuwait (3rd March)

Comments

• Options
    Strikers called up by national sides but still cant score :(
  • Options
    Beginning to think we might be better off just losing to Wednesday. In addition to the tiredness element, if we get to the QF that means Watford at home postponed, another *potentially* winnable game called off and there are very few of those on our fixture list in the next 5 or 6 weeks.
  • Options
    I see both Darren Randolph and Rob Elliott are in the ROI squad. Bet we've never had two former keepers in the same International squad before!
  • Options

I see both Darren Randolph and Rob Elliott are in the ROI squad. Bet we've never had two former keepers in the same International squad before!

and neither will play if Shay Given is still around................

• Options

and neither will play if Shay Given is still around................

Given isn't in the squad, Forde of Millwall is the other keeper.
  • Options
    8 club players in total get international call ups, great advertisement for Charlton Football Club

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140220-call-ups-for-eight-addicks-1371278.aspx
  • Options
    Think I was most buzzing that Wiggins was called up, means he must be close PS Have I missed any info on his comeback time?
  • Options
    Fair play to the lad but is there really not a better Welsh striker out there somewhere than Simon Church?
  • Options

Think I was most buzzing that Wiggins was called up, means he must be close PS Have I missed any info on his comeback time?

Hmm good spot
  • Options

Beginning to think we might be better off just losing to Wednesday. In addition to the tiredness element, if we get to the QF that means Watford at home postponed, another *potentially* winnable game called off and there are very few of those on our fixture list in the next 5 or 6 weeks.

I think too much can be made of fixture congestion. I actually think, if we can get ourselves on a good run, then 4 or 5 'games in hand' in reasonably quick succession could play out in our favour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For once I hope Wiggins does not get called up by Wales so close to the Sheffield United game.
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 10m
    Well done to @J_Gomez97 who captained England U17s to a 2-0 win over their Dutch counterparts this afternoon. #MadeInCharlton #cafc

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2014/feb/u17s-out-netherlands-in-the-algarve

Archie Edwards also started but got taken off injured in the first half, and Karlan Ahearne-Grant came on in the second half.
  • Options

Well done to @J_Gomez97 who captained England U17s to a 2-0 win over their Dutch counterparts this afternoon. #MadeInCharlton #cafc

Well done, young Joe !

Looked the business at Ebbsfleet last Friday night.

• Options

Firstly we beat the Dutch - no mean feat at any level
    Secondly we had 3 players involved - impressive
    Finally one of our captained the team! - bloody awesome