Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks owner hoping to agree new Powell deal soon

Comments

• Options
    JTJT
    edited February 2014
    We have bought some new players and maybe they are not so good, but that is always the problem in football.

Is that the best thing to be saying..
  • Options
    “We have bought some new players and maybe they are not so good, but that is always the problem in football."

Lol
  • Options
    I get the feeling that they aren't so impressed with Piotr
  • Options

“We have bought some new players and maybe they are not so good, but that is always the problem in football."

Lol

Well Ajardevic and Reza appear to be ok. Nego jury still out, Thuram is worrying but has some positives, not seen Piotr yet but not sounding too positive from his recent reserve outing and not likely to see Koc. So not really surprising to hear the statement though very surprising to hear him say it out loud (if that makes sense). We still need players on loan and it sounds like he is aware of that.
  • Options
    JT said:

We have bought some new players and maybe they are not so good, but that is always the problem in football.

Might be a language thing. Might mean "as good" as the guys who left.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

JT said:

I'm sure that is the case, but either way it is an admission that our squad has weakened.

• Options

Rizzo said:

JT said:

I'm sure that is the case, but either way it is an admission that our squad has weakened.

really
  • Options
    Is Piotr going to be the next Dickson?
  • Options

Is Piotr going to be the next Dickson?

I thought we paid big bucks for Pete, what's going on?
  • Options
    I reckon they will negotiate a few weeks, will be unable to reach agreement, RD will say he tried hard but no deal can be reached, CP will leave at end of season and RD can get his own man in without having had to sack a fan's favourite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I reckon they will negotiate a few weeks, will be unable to reach agreement, RD will say he tried hard but no deal can be reached, CP will leave at end of season and RD can get his own man in without having had to sack a fan's favourite.

This, RD is buying himself some time.
  • Options
    Piotr didn't do much in the U21 game by all accounts. We'll see in the next few games, if he doesn't get a look in he probably isn't ready.
  • Options
    I'm not so cynical, I think RD needed some time to get to know Powell, has decided he is the right man for the job, and wanted to, at least, start negotiations in person. So I'm sure a deal will be done, and CP will be staying, relegation or not. For me the statement about CP doing well with little investment is key, as clearly RD will be responsible (tight!) with the purse-strings, and needs a manager who can make the most of the resources available
  • Options
    Let's give Piotr a chance for gawds sake. I have a good feeling he will do well for us given the chance.