Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR: the future starts here

There are a few moments which send shivers down the spine. Special, if-only-I-had-been-there moments, when everything pauses and time waits. Then, as the pause gives way to a violent eruption, you experience the electric elation. The screaming heat that can only be felt by those there at the time. You know by the intense quietness and the quiet intensity, that each of these moments precedes something very, very special. And something that dictates the future.

The gentle, internal reflection in Gladiator, where the General-who-became-a-slave picks up some dust from the floor and rubs his hands together, reflecting on the passionate battle ahead.

The intense moment in Highlander, where Connor MacLeod raises his eyes to the heavens, before he receives The Prize.

The bead of sweat on Eric Liddell's brow as the gun is about to fire at the start of the 400 metres Final in Chariots of Fire; where he feels calm, composed and ready to take his destiny.

Your first trip to the Valley, when your over-expectant, talking-too-much excitement gives way to the sharp gasp, as you first see the cavernous magic of the inside of the ground.

Chris Duffy's volley, and the instant of stillness as the ball is impelled on its unstoppable path, inside the far post of the Burnley goal.

Sasa's save.

All of these minuscule moments of calm act as a short taking-of-breath before the thunderous excitement of what follows. Only on Saturday it's different. Because Saturday's calm is predictable. It's your calm. It takes place outside the Valley as you make your way to the ground. And that includes those who can't be there, but still follow Charlton's game against QPR. It takes place in your head. It's a quiet, still reflection. But it's ended with a massive sound. Your sound. The atmosphere you create, to help the passionate battle; to receive the prize; to grab destiny; to feel the magic; to be unstoppable; to save.

You will make the difference on Saturday. Your voice and your passion and your support of your club. (And, whoever you are and whoever you are with, remember: it's your club). You will ensure that, as the dust begins to settle on a turbulent few weeks for your club, that the future has started. You and your club are going to burst into a new, exciting future. Starting on Saturday.

Quiet reflection first; then... let's make the future start.

COYR

Comments

• Options
    Excellent stuff.
  • Options
    Lovin' it, Chizz.

We're singing from the same hymn book...I posted on another thread that " Saturday is the first day of the rest of our season "

Onwards & upwards !
  • Options

Excellent stuff.

:-)

• Options
    Wish I could write like that Chizz.
  • Options

Wish I could write like that Chizz.

That's a really nice thing to say! Thank you.

• Options

Lovin' it, Chizz.

We're singing from the same hymn book...I posted on another thread that " Saturday is the first day of the rest of our season "

Onwards & upwards !

I said the same before Birmingham and will continue to say it every week until we actually start winning... Hopefully that means this week will be the last time I say it then!
  • Options

Lovin' it, Chizz.

Onwards & upwards !

I said the same before Birmingham and will continue to say it every week until we actually start winning... Hopefully that means this week will be the last time I say it then!
    I have got a good feeling about this one. Everything it beginning to be put in place and there seems to be fewer distractions. Three points tomorrow would give an enormous lift to everyone.
  • Options
    Great post. Although I am by nature an optimist I haven't felt positive over the last 3 months. However, I think a win tomorrow would redirect the club and create a new and brighter future. Charlton 2-1 Masicat never wrong.
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    Great stuff! COYRs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Future's looking good
  • Options
    masicat said:

Great post. Although I am by nature an optimist I haven't felt positive over the last 3 months. However, I think a win tomorrow would redirect the club and create a new and brighter future. Charlton 2-1 Masicat never wrong.

Damn, got the score wrong.
  • Options
    That's because you were expecting Reza's effort to go in off the post, and Ravel Morrison to bury the sitter he missed.

:-)