Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Contracts

Hi, here is a subject that will probably divide opinion and prompt debate, but isnt that what this site is for? The contract situation is not looking as relevant as it was a few weeks ago, primarily because our three best players were all sold on transfer deadline day. However, my understanding is that Hamer, Hughes, Evina, Jackson, Morrison, Dervite, Green, Pritchard, Wood, Cook, Gower and Cort are all out of contract in the summer. Lets work on three reasonable assumptions; i) Powell's contract will be extended. ii) None of these contracts will be renewed before the season ends. iii) We will be a League One side again next year. Of the list above (and if I have included or omitted anyone erroneously please tell me) how many would we really want to see here next year?

My personal view, taking into account talent, age and fitness and leaving out sentiment are that I would like to see Hamer, Morrison, Wood and Pritchard retained. If he is fit then I will add Cort to that list. If we against the odds survive relegation I will probably take Pritchard off that list as I think he is a good L1 player rather than a Championship player. The rest I feel have contributed little this year and are likely to be surplus to requirements next season anyway although Dervite and Green would do well in a lower division. What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Options
    Pritchard are you mad?
  • Options
    I think renew Morison, Wood and Hamer now regardless of division.
  • Options
    Morrison / Wood / Hamer... Give two year Contracts

Dervite and Green give 1-year depending on whether we can replace them or not
  • Options
    Hamer, Hughes, Jackson, Morrison, Dervite, Wood

These guys I would keep on. Hughes hopefully in a coaching role. Jackson I would offer a 1 year deal, same for Dervite. The rest 2-3 years
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Pritchard are you mad?

Pritchard will be very useful in league one.
  • Options
    Hamer, Wood, Morrison, Jacko, Dervite and Green if we are in League 1. Hamer, Wood and Morro if we survive.
  • Options

There will be plenty of players available in the summer, any of our squad players can be replaced. Not sure I'd give Green a new deal even if we were relegated.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Pritchard are you mad?

"WILL BE"...dont you mean might/would be good in league 1!?!

• Options

I think renew Morison, Wood and Hamer now regardless of division.

This

• Options

dickplumb said:

Pritchard are you mad?

Love the guy to bits but Pritchard s conference standard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

There will be plenty of players available in the summer, any of our squad players can be replaced. Not sure I'd give Green a new deal even if we were relegated.
    There will be plenty of players available yet we dont always get our targets as other clubs will be going for the same targets as well most likely
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Pritchard are you mad?

Love the guy to bits but Pritchard s conference standard.
    I'll bite...

He wasn't last year but I fully admit he has been shocking this.

"Stop living in the past blah blah blah"

• Options
    This could be where the full ramifications of the Kermorgant sale are seen - there WERE terms offered by Charlton, rightly or wrongly Yann turned them down, as is his right of course. On the other hand, I still maintain that it is at least in part RD and Co. attempting to show they will not be strong-armed by fans' liking of any player, or past reputation - there is a price they will match, but no more... whoever you are, however popular you are with fans.

From the opposite direction, say they had allowed Yann to dictate terms, or at least get them to match Bournemouth's offer. How could they then refuse the likes of Jackson, or Morrison who would say 'the fans like us too, give us x money to keep the crowd on your side' without causing dissent in the squad?

This is of course a simplified version but I think that whatever division we are in, next season will see a seriously altered squad. The question is who gets to select it...
  • Options
    Accoding to another thread which I am sure has correct information, Diego Poyet needs to be added to that list.