Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

louis theroux prog on sunday night

any one see it?

ridiculous to think people can be that awful. poor kids.

Comments

• Options
    Only watch half the prog and that was enough. Send them all out to Iraq and shoot them.
  • Options
    I stumbled across that whilst doing some teletexting. The blind ignorance of those people was astonishing.

How many times did the main woman answer a question with a completely irrelevant answer? Most of their campaign was completely irrelevant as well.

Some of the others crumbled quickly in the face of even simplistic logic from LT before fighting back with vitriol.
  • Options
    i felt sorry for the kids (at least the adult girls weren't going to reproduce) so their kind should disappear in about 50 years as i don't see how they can 'recruit' anyone else to join.

the kids didn't even know what they were holding the placards for. and that poor little'un that got hit.

that shirley woman was completely awful.

where they got their reasonings from i'll never know!!!
  • Options
    Smacked of deep regression to me. Reason has gone out the window.

Some people just cannot cope with the world and having something to hate gets them through it all. Everything is easier when it's someone else's fault.

This is a bit hard to discuss without bringing religion into it, so I'd best leave it there!
  • Options
    no idea what is being talked about here but sounds bad whatever it was!!
  • Options
    idiot family that called themselves a parish, the church was 'run' by the grandad, and they picketed us army funerals of those killed in wars, calling them 'fags' and stated that they obviously sinned hence why they died, they were trying to educate the living. apparently.

they were worried about what america was becoming!!
  • Options
    Only saw the trailers. Seemed like a another bunch of religious nutters for LT to make fun off. I really like LT and some of his stuff with the white supremacists was fantastic and very brave but I do think he picks a few easy targets sometimes.

IMO the American far-right Christians are more of a threat to our way of life in the UK than Islamists or "PC liberals" will ever be.
  • Options
    Small sect of "Christians", mostly from a large single family.

They campaign at various events - current plan is attending the funerals of service people who fought in Iraq. But they "protest" outside synagogues, etc.

They say all of America is going to hell (except them of course) because it supports homosexuality or is homosexual. All their placards are anti gay, including ones with pictures of GI's, Princess Diana and Desmond Tutu (I kid you not) - all apparently with a pro gay agenda and going to/in hell.

This has sound, so watch out:

BBC Louis Theroux
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Only saw the trailers. Seemed like a another bunch of religious nutters for LT to make fun off. I really like LT and some of his stuff with the white supremacists was fantastic and very brave but I do think he picks a few easy targets sometimes.

Fair point, Henry.
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]IMO the American far-right Christians are more of a threat to our way of life in the UK than Islamists or "PC liberals" will ever be.

Enter a certain American President.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Only saw the trailers. Seemed like a another bunch of religious nutters for LT to make fun off. I really like LT and some of his stuff with the white supremacists was fantastic and very brave but I do think he picks a few easy targets sometimes.

Fair point, Henry.
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]IMO the American far-right Christians are more of a threat to our way of life in the UK than Islamists or "PC liberals" will ever be.

Enter a certain American President.

but without louis theroux picking extreme easy targets, it educates those of us (me!) who don't know these things exist, no matter how extreme. im sure there are plenty groups of people doing outrageous things that i don't know is happening.

i remember the interview with the jacksons, that was just as bizarre - micky j's dad!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    but without louis theroux picking extreme easy targets, it educates those of us (me!) who don't know these things exist, no matter how extreme. im sure there are plenty groups of people doing outrageous things that i don't know is happening.

i remember the interview with the jacksons, that was just as bizarre - micky j's dad!

True, but sometimes I think he crosses the line between exposing people and creating a freak show. Not that the freak (or should that be Littel - private joke) shows aren't funny.

It is good that he shows us all just how extreme some people are but this was one family. There are plenty of bigger and more powerful targets he could go for but they are most likely more cautious and media savvy than to allow him in.

When you see the Jackson's dad it does explain alot about how MJ turned out. Sad.
  • Options
    totally, made me have sympathy for him really. mj obviously doesn't have a sense of reality. he missed out on his childhood, i don't believe for one min he's hurt any children, he's been misunderstood, and he's not normal, not ill, just lived a strange life from a young age, and doesn't know 'normality', and people have taken advantage.

even that bloke in sundays programme wasn't too chuffed to have him ask them questions. the majority of his interviewees are portrayed in a negative light, so it can't be easy to find people to investigate.

is it a new series or was it a one off?
  • Options
    Of course I don't know the facts but I agree that I don't think MJ abused any children. His behaviour was odd and inappropraite but was tolerated by parents who wanted to get something (money) out of him.

Just don't think MJ has a sense of being an adult. His father was physically and mentally abusive and that is sometimes how abuse effects children.

All that plastic surgery seems like self-abuse and self loathing to me. An attempt to literally scrub away his past. Such a good looking boy as well and a great dancer/singer in the Jacksons.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Of course I don't know the facts but I agree that I don't think MJ abused any children.

What about when he held his kid out over the balcony? I've got to say, I wouldn't let him within 1,000 miles of my kids. He may not have sexually abused any kids but he scores 100 on my weirdshitometer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Of course I don't know the facts but I agree that I don't think MJ abused any children.

What about when he held his kid out over the balcony? I've got to say, I wouldn't let him within 1,000 miles of my kids. He may not have sexually abused any kids but he scores 100 on my weirdshitometer.

Ok, I meant sexually abused. What he did with the baby was weird and just goes to show, IMHO, how mixed up he is. And no I won't encourage my child to spend time with him either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Ok, I meant sexually abused. What he did with the baby was weird and just goes to show, IMHO, how mixed up he is. And no I won't encourage my child to spend time with him either.

Which brings in the earlier point of why those parents did let their kids be involved with him? They were the ones who should have been "in the dock" in my opinion for leaving their kids in the charge of somebody who is not a fit person to look after children.
  • Options
    Agree totally.