Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A case of Charlton being good? Or QPR being bad?

0 shots on target produced by a superior side against a team in the bottom 3.

So did QPR just not turn up today? Or did we do an extra special job on them to keep em out and win the game?

Bit of both, would be the most likely and reasonable answer.

In Redknapps post interview it kind of seemed he couldn't quite put his finger on it about how there was such a lack of a goal threat against a team, that on paper, he should be beating comfortably. He appeared overly angry and frustrated. Perhaps understandably so for a man in his position that should win.
They may have, collectively, been better on the ball and played with more confidence, especially the 1st half, but we read almost everything they threw at us just by hard work, determination and being more organised.

How many of you "had that feeling" for a positive result going into today's match? I assume quite a lot. The fans players and management was forced to assume the role of the "under dog" which rarely happens playing at home, and it payed off as we were willing to sing a bit louder as fans, and the players put the extra foot in where it counted.
Once again our younger players impressed and, to highlight Diego Poyet, he was fantastic and gave a inspiring battling performance.

QPR have lost two games on the trot prior to today's fixture, so they would have been desperate to pick something up at the valley and we did not allow them a proper sniff at goal at any stage of the game.

Chris Powell got it 100% spot on.

In answer to my question I think It was mostly a case of Charlton being good, and it was a long time coming. Hopefully we will push on from here and survive the season. It's still a long way to go and it will be a struggle, but that was a very encouraging performance that should not go under-estimated.

Monday night in Sheffield...can we pull that off too and keep our Wembley hopes alive? Who knows.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!