Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Proud of contributing to Valley Gold

I have been supporting the club for well over 40 years and I don't recall 2 young midfielders breaking through at the same time with so much potential. Yes, there has been quite a few individuals, but 2 of the calibre of Poyet and Cousins - I'm proud to be part of Valley Gold and do my small bit.

Then you look at the other prospects coming through and you can see what RD meant when he said the youth set up was a major influence in him buying us.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, me too Muttley. I've been in Valley Gold since day one & it's always good to see the kids come through. Don't forget Callum Harriott too, so that's 3 young midfielders breaking through at the same time.
  • Options
    I didn't forget Callum, I was classing him as a forward. He looked like last season's player when he came on. I don't care if he gets tackled every now and again, or if something doesn't come off - but his directness and trickery puts fear and uncertainty into defenders and it helps us massively.
  • Options

I didn't forget Callum, I was classing him as a forward. He looked like last season's player when he came on. I don't care if he gets tackled every now and again, or if something doesn't come off - but his directness and trickery puts fear and uncertainty into defenders and it helps us massively.

Agreed. I think it helps Harriott to come off the bench - less pressure and his fresh legs v a tiring full back is a great help.
  • Options
    Me too! So proud to do my bit and see such great rewards. Cousins and Poyet were superb, Harriot also when he came on. Roland certainly saw the potential of our wonderful academy. Let's hope he puts the money in to make it a level one.
    Still buzzing from yesterday and hope Roland was there to see what Charlton can be like!
  • Options
    Let me first of all say that I accept that Charlton has always been a selling Club.

But will we now be contributing to the even quicker exit of our promising youngsters either through being sold or sent on loan to our "parent" club, Liege?
  • Options
    One other thing I would say that has been made sure of with recent events is that this season will be the last we see of Poyet.