Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q.P.R. create a record at the Valley

I have been doing the stats since 2010 and in that time QPR are the first team not to have a single shot on goal in a match against Charlton home or away.

Well done 'Arry, perhaps we should send him a photo of the goalpost to help his players recognise them.

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant!
  • Options
    Should put it on the QPR board.
  • Options
    Absolutely astonishing considering the players in their side.
  • Options
    I know the stats show no attempts on goal, but I would say that there was one as it was shown on the highlights last night. Weak in the extreme I grant you, but if Thuram hadn't got in the way and claimed it, it would have gone in for sure.
  • Options

I have been doing the stats since 2010 and in that time QPR are the first team not to have a single shot on goal in a match against Charlton home or away.

Well done 'Arry, perhaps we should send him a photo of the goalpost to help his players recognise them.

They did have a shot on goal which Thurman some on here would have you believe could have stopped with his big toe. Saved well.
  • Options
    Who produces these stats.? What about the save by Thuram? It wasn't from a back-pass from us (!) or don't save shots count?
  • Options
    It wasn't a shot though and so it wasn't a save of a goal bound shot The ball popped up off morison's foot and looped into Thuram's hands

QED is wasn't a shot or even on target.
  • Options

It wasn't a shot though and so it wasn't a save of a goal bound shot The ball popped up off morison's foot and looped into Thuram's hands

Surely, a ball can hit you on the arse , but as long as its going in then its a shot 'on target'. If Morrisons effort wasnt 'on target' then Thuram is looking after a different goal !
  • Options
    the stats are produced by the Press Association and then used by the various organisations. IMHO they do often make mistakes and if I was a QPR supporter I would say that it was a shot on goal, but "officially"it wasn't - haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shall we have a shot for you!
  • Options
    Vincent said:

They did have a shot on goal which Thurman some on here would have you believe could have stopped with his big toe. Saved well.
    I've read a few people praise the 'save' and I think it must be a case of the angle from which some people saw it made it look like something more than it was, because it was a simple catch from a miscontrol. Definitely not a shot! Not saying that to knock thuram, he was fine imo, te back pass was dervite as much as him
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Vincent said:

I've read a few people praise the 'save' and I think it must be a case of the angle from which some people saw it made it look like something more than it was, because it was a simple catch from a miscontrol. Definitely not a shot! Not saying that to knock thuram, he was fine imo, te back pass was dervite as much as him
    From dead opposite position in the North Lower. Thurman was at the near post as the ball was played in and moved quickly across his goal. The shot/deflection did not have much pace on it but was close range and Thuram stayed alert which is not always easy for a keeper who has had nothing much to deal with over 90 minutes so in my view was a good save.
    The result was a team effort and he played his part but hey what do I know never played in goal.
  • Options

the stats are produced by the Press Association and then used by the various organisations. IMHO they do often make mistakes and if I was a QPR supporter I would say that it was a shot on goal, but "officially"it wasn't - haha

I'll take the official line for this one.... :-)
  • Options
    From the north upper, it initially looked like he'd done really well to save it - I thought it was a dead cert goal - but what we couldn't know from up there was how badly R Morrison controlled it. I assumed he'd had a first time strike, which would have made the save outstanding, but as it turns out it was merely good awareness to get across and claim.
    Still good goalkeeping IMO, but not outstanding and definitely not a shot on goal.
  • Options
    Arry needs to get Sandra to show them how it's done!!
  • Options

But surely scoring at Loftus Road earlier in the season means they had a shot on goal?!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

But surely scoring at Loftus Road earlier in the season means they had a shot on goal?!

didn't think of that, lucky lad that Arry
  • Options

Don't think he means no shot on target in Both home ad away games. PResume means first time ever, home OR away