Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What a man.....

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the valley yesterday. Obviously I recorded the Fls, after watching what was shown, watching the reaction of our players and listening to Chris Powell at the end, I must admit I felt a little emotional, but then when the camera went onto the dugout where Chris was sitting alone I almost had a tear!!
If anyone doubts his love for this club, his desire to do well for this club , it was there for everyone to see!
Sure he has made mistakes, with team selection, timing of substitutes etc. Make no mistake we have a very very good manager here, he will get better, he is still learning as a manager, we would be a lot worse off without him.
So come on everyone, no more CP this CP is that , let's get right behind him for the remainder of this very important run in to our season.

Comments

• Options
    Here Here ....... #100%Powell #100%behindtheteam
  • Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Vincent said:

You tired mate.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Why don't you go and support another club mate. THIS one obviously don't mean that much to you!!!
  • Options

Vincent said:

Why don't you go and support another club mate. THIS one obviously don't mean that much to you!!!
    I have supported them for 43 years and will be here long after Powell.
    As for supporting another club why, because I want what is best for CAFC but am not in love with Sir Chris the legend do me a favour
  • Options

Vincent said:

You tired mate.
    Celebrated long into the night and at my age takes longer to recover
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Vincent said:

You tired mate.
    Celebrated long into the night and at my age takes longer to recover
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Vincent said:

why be so negative and patronising then ?
    I like you , have supported cafc for probably the best part of 50 years, when my old man & grandad (God rest their souls) started taking me. So why is Chris Powell NOT best for cafc?
    I'm really surprised at some people's attitude towards our manager. Enjoy the rest of your weekend though mate I've had a cracker!

I have supported them for 43 years and will be here long after Powell.
    As for supporting another club why, because I want what is best for CAFC but am not in love with Sir Chris the legend do me a favour
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Is your surname Tan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincent said:

• Options
    Vincent said:

what a mug.
  • Options
    I agree 100% with the original poster. And for that reason, please, please CP start being more positive with your substitutions and team selection. I thought he had already learnt that lesson last season, when taking positive action turned our season around. But this season he seems to have returned to being too negative again. Saturdays subs were great, even playing Green was a positive move that didn't quite pay off, but you could say it did in the end, because we won the game!
  • Options
    Use the force Chris - go with your gut. 100% support for the bloke.
  • Options
    Look at me everybody. Are the cameras on me ?
    Don't be hoodwinked.
    Sure it was a good result but lets not go overboard.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Look at me everybody. Are the cameras on me ?
    Don't be hoodwinked.
    Sure it was a good result but lets not go overboard.

Do you really think that/this was the case?
    Are you mad? Can you imagine the pressure the manager has been under this season for one reason or another?
    Get real mate, this was genuine emotion!!
    COYR......
  • Options
    He knows how to play the crowd. Don't get me wrong I like the guy.
  • Options
    If anyone doubts his love for this club, his desire to do well for this club , it was there for everyone to see!

Do not think anyone doubts his love ( i'd say affection ) for the club and his desire to do well and i would say most if not all think he is a top fella. I just question his tactical abilities as a manager, im not going overboard over one win and still think we will go down but if Chris Powell keeps us up and takes us on to better things i would love to say " I got that wrong" because at the end of the day i 100% support CHARLTON ATHLETIC!.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

He knows how to play the crowd. Don't get me wrong I like the guy.

Fair enough, I know he's got a bit of that in him. I just can't see how anyone could not see his obvious relief and emotion there on Saturday.
    I think he is a honest and very genuine fella, and like most people on here think he is a nice guy....