Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tim Sherwood

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
Has his bubble burst? Tottenham look awful. I think he has caught the "New manager started off doing well now going downhill sydrome"

Comments

• Options
    MSE7 said:

Has his bubble burst? Tottenham look awful. I think he has caught the "New manager started off doing well now going downhill sydrome"

Funny Chris Powell is still learning his trade after 3 years but Sherwood is going down hill after a few months
  • Options
    They had a Thursday game and look tired. I honestly think Levy has someone lined up for the summer although he has a 18 month contract. I wouldn't trust Levy as far as I could throw.
  • Options
    Sherwood was a coach at spurs for 6 years. Powell was barely out of his playing days when he took over Charlton..
  • Options
    Only his second league loss, probably a bit early to say.
  • Options
    He's been left to make the most of what he inherited from the previous regime: an unbalanced, over expensive squad .. for my part, I am pleased to see an Englishman get a Premier job rather than an exotically named and accented chancer of a foreigner .. we will see how Sherwood pans out come the end of the season
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Sherwood was a coach at spurs for 6 years. Powell was barely out of his playing days when he took over Charlton..

So being a coach is the same as being a manager thank you point taken
  • Options
    Vincent said:

MSE7 said:

Funny Chris Powell is still learning his trade after 3 years but Sherwood is going down hill after a few months
    Do bore off Vincent
  • Options
    Vincent said:

MSE7 said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Vincent said:

MSE7 said:

The 1830 from Victoria to Dover Priory is due soon mate....Jog on
  • Options

Vincent said:

MSE7 said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Past your bedtime
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincent said:

Vincent said:

MSE7 said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Past your bedtime
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Vincent said:

MSE7 said:

Says one person.
  • Options
    Every manager is "still learning their trade", same as every other profession. Seriously Vincent, why don't you just enjoy the victory?
  • Options

Every manager is "still learning their trade", same as every other profession. Seriously Vincent, why don't you just enjoy the victory?

More than enjoyed the victory, looking forward to beating Millwall and the possibility of at least a point next week, but no rose tinted glasses here just say it as I see it
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Vincent said:

More than enjoyed the victory, looking forward to beating Millwall and the possibility of at least a point next week, but no rose tinted glasses here just say it as I see it
    But you insist on saying it so often and so unpleasantly.
  • Options

He's been left to make the most of what he inherited from the previous regime: an unbalanced, over expensive squad .. for my part, I am pleased to see an Englishman get a Premier job rather than an exotically named and accented chancer of a foreigner .. we will see how Sherwood pans out come the end of the season

Well said - was surprised he got it but hope he does well.
  • Options

Vincent said:

But you insist on saying it so unpleasantly.
    Only unpleasant to those who I don't respect, I hope that this does not apply to you
  • Options
    Spurs were awful today.

Long may it continue.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:
    MSE7 said:
    Thanks I will forward it on to CP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol Vincent. Why don't you go have a gentlemans wash or something mate.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

lol Vincent. Why don't you go have a gentlemans wash or something mate.

I would rather be on. Charlton forum where you can voice your opinions and learn from the intellectual and laugh at the witty comments supplied by you and the like well the like in any case.
  • Options
    You're on form tonight Vinny old son!
    ;-)
  • Options
    I think he has been on the Badger Juice
  • Options
    Hey Vincent! Are you one of those so called Trolls I keep reading about?
  • Options
    Same old same old of how to deal with the balance of the Europa League and dealing with the PL.

Flight Wednesday, game Thursday night on a heavy pitch, flight back Thursday night, would have spent most of Friday resting/sleeping, gentle training session on Saturday, game Sunday.
    Throw in some injuries to key players meant 7 of the 11 starters played 90 mins on Thursday night, Capoue limped off after 10 mins, resulting in 8 Thursday night starters being on the pitch.

Norwich didnt have a game for 12 days. Bound to be in better shape physically than Spurs and it looked like it today. Norwich were deserved winners. No complaints. Spurs didnt work hard enough and looked a good yard or two off the pace. Michael Dawson, bless him, looked like he'd been left in the Ukraine as he seemed to be in a different time zone. I dont know whether he's carrying a knock but he seems to be getting slower and slower every week now. If Kaboul or Vlad the alcoholic was fit I dont think he'd be playing.

As for Sherwood being in charge next season? No chance. Well, I cant see it and I'll be very surprised if he is.

• Options
    Some reasonable excuses Johnboy but you can also add reasons as to why you'll never compete with the big boys, like always selling your best players and making some of the strangest managerial appointments.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Some reasonable excuses Johnboy but you can also add reasons as to why you'll never compete with the big boys, like always selling your best players and making some of the strangest managerial appointments.

Yeah, like when they appointed that strange fella who turned up waving his tube ticket. What was his name again?

Ah yes, Iain Duncan Smith, that was it.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

We will always sell our best players, whether we'll be competing with the big boys or not. Its the way football works. Dont bloody like it but we accept it. Buy young, cheap and unproven. Sell on at a profit. Thats the way Levy runs Spurs. Its a business. Its about profit, not glory. I fully expect Lloris and Vertonghen to leave at the end of the season if when we fail to make the top 4. Levy will do his utmost to maximise the profit and we'll buy replacements and we move on. No point in anyone getting their knickers in a twist over it, its football.
  • Options
    Spurs are look dire again