Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hillsborough

It was twenty-five years ago this season. Be safe tonight, everyone.

Comments

• Options
    Have we sold an additional 30'000 tickets along the line somewhere then?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

It was twenty-five years ago this season. Be safe tonight, everyone.

Also be careful getting the tube to Kings Cross and going up to the ticket office, Twenty-six years ago this season.
  • Options
    I don't know whether this post is offensive, amusing, genuine worry or a combination of all 3! haha!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I don't know whether this post is offensive, amusing, genuine worry or a combination of all 3! haha!

Certainly not meant to be amusing or offensive. I just hope that everyone takes care tonight.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Huskaris said:

Certainly not meant to be amusing or offensive. I just hope that everyone takes care tonight.
    Chizz, how old are you as your statement is ridiculous.
  • Options
    I'm going for five more comments before this is closed. Any other offers?
  • Options
    DRF, be careful posting on this forum as your computer may explode in your face.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Chizz said:

Huskaris said:

"Taking care" is ridiculous? If so, I apologise.

You can take my comment in whatever way you like. You may decide that it's a comment expresses the wish that everyone remains safe. Equally, you may take it as a comment that no-one should get involved in "banter", reflecting on the disaster of 25 years ago, in the last FA Cup match to be played at Hillsborough this season.

If it seems "ridiculous", then feel free to ignore it.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Huskaris said:

You can take my comment in whatever way you like. You may decide that it's a comment expresses the wish that everyone remains safe. Equally, you may take it as a comment that no-one should get involved in "banter", reflecting on the disaster of 25 years ago, in the last FA Cup match to be played at Hillsborough this season.

I expect well wishes from you to every away game then, you can't just do it for Hillsborough because of a disaster that happened before.

Lets hope we dont play Bradford away next year.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Huskaris said:

I expect well wishes from you to every away game then, you can't just do it for Hillsborough because of a disaster that happened before.

Lets hope we dont play Bradford away next year.
    There may be national media attention on this game simply because it is the last FA Cup game scheduled for Hillsborough in the season of the 25th anniversary. I am hoping that everyone who makes it to the ground remains safe and treats the occasion with due respect.

Probably don't need to worry about how Charlton fans would behave; but many other teams' fans let their clubs down stupidly (like chants about the anniversary of the Munich air crash). Tonight's game might not only be viewed as an important sporting occasion, but also by news-hungry media wanting to report on the anniversary of the tragedy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pointless, offensive thread.
  • Options
    Knowing Chizz, i'm sure the sentiment was nothing but 100% well intentioned, but this isn't really a subject that we would want turning into an aggressive debating thread, so taking the precaution to nip it in the bud.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!