Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

To those who made the trip to Hillsborough tonight

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
I salute you.
Watched on a live stream and could hear the singing for most of the match. A great rendition of Valley Floyd Road near the end when our backs were against the wall.

Even got praise on owls-talk.
Credit to them.

They never shut up, that's what we need to be like e.g. without the chuffing trumpets and MASSIVE booooming drums.

Just one drum with someone who can play a tune instead.of BANG BANG BOOM BANG PARP PARP BANG.

And on that note, how come they were allowed a drum in, and Charlton were, can't we take our own anti band drum to an away game ?

Comments

• Amen to this. Brilliant the lot of you. Take a bow.
  • well done lads and lasses and all those who went up for the sat game only for it be called off..!
  • Well said, well done every one of you
  • Well done. We came through loud and clear on Fox.
  • Well done to you all - it will be a day you will remember for a long time - we ll, at least until your next visit to Sheffield !
  • Brilliant support--a great credit to the club.
  • Well done all. Safe journey home.
  • I got shouted at for waking the kids up when I joined in the when I was young!
    Well done lads & lasses
  • I know some of our lot tonight would have made impulse decisions to go, for others a mad dash anyway, loads have a long journey home still, but each and every one is a hero.
    Our fans contributed to a legendary night, and on my stream, just before it cut out, you could see Jacko exhorting the lads to go to the fans. You could see how much the fans meant to the players, and it is clear how hard the players worked for the fans.
    Don't know how many we took in the 24k crowd, but we were all I could hear over tinternet. We will all be following your fantastic example and joining in at Bramall Lane.
    Massive (sic0 respect.
  • Possibly the happiest 72 hour period I've had supporting Charlton.

Beginning to really love this lot, and now we're starting to play some great football - there was a quick spell just after the 1st goal, we were playing like a top prem side at one point!!

Great celebrations, and managed to avoid the 'welcoming comitee' when leaving.

Bring on United!
  • Sponsored links:

• Am glad I went. am buzzing my ears are ringing. what an amazing supporters and night really enjoyed it thanks all that was there.
  • Got back to Portsmouth about 30 minutes ago. Absolutely brilliant night and the support was superb. Pure guess but we had around a 1000 there in a 24000 crown and we outsung 'em throughout. Great performance and Ben Hamer must never be doubted by anyone ever again what a save.
  • Well Done 2 all that made the trip and got behind tthe lads...hopefully I get 2 make it up there when we do The Sheffield double
  • 400 miles and two tired fans, but just got in and was so worth it! Little dissapointed with BBc radio Sheffields complete lack of aknowledgement after the game, given all the hype they gave about how easy a game it will be for them. Talk sport wished only to talk about United v olympiakos as well, oh well!
  • To the massive fat guy who jumped on me/hugged me when Church scored...

...don't do that again

Killjoy.

:-)
  • Just got in, blinding night!
  • Don't think i'll ever forget this night
  • I have already given all the praise to operation Pig
  • In at 2.30 and son up at 6. Gonna be a long day but worth it. Well done one and all and let's replicate at the lane
  • Sponsored links:

• Great stuff and we sounded good which you'd expect leading for most of the time but in fairness I thought Wednesday sung quite a bit considering they were behind for most of the game
    But the best bit was our fans doing what football fans should do which is going schizoid when we score , literally going crazy and that looked proper radio rental the scenes as we scored loved it , just like the QPR outpouring of madness rather than seeing us sitting there applauding like we were at Lords and someone had just hit a lovely cover drive
    I've rewound and watched the mayhem when Church scored a few times love it love it love it , we may have finally got some personality!!
  • Got back at 3:00am and have to salute the backs to the wall performance against a Wednesday side that had just one tactic from the off - Hoof the ball into the box from all angles. The whole team did us proud and congrats to Hamer who showed why he is our number one keeper. The save towards the end of the game where the ball took a wicked deflection was top drawer. The younger players, Harriot, Cousins, Poyet and Fox will have learnt a lot last night. And Powelly's celebrations afterwards once again showed what this Club means to him Well done to all, it was a special performance and a special night.
  • The first goal was strange as you feel so far away from that end it's like a delayed reaction.

When Church scored tho everyone ran down the front of the top tier and went mental. Hugging randoms.

Ben Hamer top man as well for running up the stand to give a kid his shirt at the end.
  • Such a great night, my youngest son can be quite quiet and shy, it was great to see him jumping up and down, singing and shouting like crazy with the rest of us.
  • Shrew said:

Such a great night, my youngest son can be quite quiet and shy, it was great to see him jumping up and down, singing and shouting like crazy with the rest of us.

Absolutely - my 11 year old step daughter who up to this season has been Donny Rovers through and through sang from start to finish and then spontaneously hugged me when we scored - think I must have got something in my eye at that point cos they started watering!
  • Great stuff and we sounded good which you'd expect leading for most of the time but in fairness I thought Wednesday sung quite a bit considering they were behind for most of the game
    But the best bit was our fans doing what football fans should do which is going schizoid when we score , literally going crazy and that looked proper radio rental the scenes as we scored loved it , just like the QPR outpouring of madness rather than seeing us sitting there applauding like we were at Lords and someone had just hit a lovely cover drive
    I've rewound and watched the mayhem when Church scored a few times love it love it love it , we may have finally got some personality!!

where bouts you watch it morts? i've seen the ITV highlights online, were there highlights on the box at all?
  • Great night and got home to hampshire at 2.45....took an age to get away as i was parked up a side street.....

Anyone else get pissed off with the 50mph cones that went on for the 30 odd miles on the M1 at sheffield...all you need when your still at sheffield at 23.15.
  • I could hear the Wilson song clearly lol

where bouts you watch it morts? i've seen the ITV highlights online, were there highlights on the box at all?
    i watched a live stream on t'internet and ITV4 had a little highlight package but on the ITV highlights it doesn't show Hamers woooooorldy and it didn't last night on ITV4 for some bizarre reason