Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting Quarter Final Tickets

Comments

• Options
    I would have thought we'd easily sell 5700 tickets, indeed we should get the game switched to Wembley as well :-)
  • Options
    it will mad scrabble and I think there will be a shortage in all honesty just hope I can get a couple
  • Options
    We will sell out. Cup fever has gripped everyone in SE7.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

moleo88 said:

Think it all depends on the time of the game tbh, had a quick look and trains are gonna cost a fair whack. Mega Bus or some sort of national coach might be best bet, but not sure when the latest return journey would be.

This - convinced we'll only sell out if free/subsidised travel.
    Give it a rest mate.
    The club should not have to encourage fans to get to this game.
    The boys have done very well to get this far...and our fans will want to get up to Sheffield to support them whatever the allocation we will sell it , no doubt.

Also have the previous 'operations' not taught us anything?!
    I'm not suggesting we do that for 1min. Our minibus is booked regardless. Just saying I think we'll struggle without it.
    Have you looked at the trains?
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

VG and anyone who went to Oxford, Hudders or Sheff W first, surely? Then season tickets then general sale.

Why does Valley Gary get first dibs?

I just personally think he makes really great posts. Maybe I should start a thread about him asking for likes and LOLs.
  • Options

VG and anyone who went to Oxford, Hudders or Sheff W first, surely? Then season tickets then general sale.

Problem with that is no one who went to Hudders has any proof that they were there! And what about those who bought a ticket for the original Sheff Wed game but couldn't make it last night? All very complicated.

• Options
    Has it actually been confirmed that it will be 5,700? Or was that just the number touted for the potential Wednesday tie if they went through?

5700 is about 25% of the stadium!
  • Options

No chance of selling 5700. Even 3000 would be great.

Think you're wrong, although the club would be sensible to make the coaches cheaper than £22. More important to get the maximum number of people there than focus on making £300 profit on a coach, given the rewards at stake.
    How many did we take to Bolton in 2000 just out of interest?

I think this is not going to sell out due to TV showing it and possible piss about early kick times thrown in with short notice and lots of people spending money on two sheff wed trips.

It would be great if you were right and am hoping you are.
  • Options
    Forest had both tiers there in last round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    5700 is where the most sensible split is. 15% of 32k is 4800, not sure SU will deem it worth the extra stewarding etc just for a few hundred extra home fans in the away end.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Has it actually been confirmed that it will be 5,700? Or was that just the number touted for the potential Wednesday tie if they went through?

I think thats the upper and lower of the jessica ennis stand. We are entitled to 15% i believe.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

more like just under 20 %, think it holds 30k
  • Options
    What price will the tickets be SU may be looking to make a killing at £35 each.
  • Options
    I think we'll take around 3500, the numbers on top of that at say Blackburn and Boro were strictly because of the free travel. This won't be free, and I hope it bloody isn't as we'll lose.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I think we'll take around 3500, the numbers on top of that at say Blackburn and Boro were strictly because of the free travel. This won't be free, and I hope it bloody isn't as we'll lose.

I thought you were 'done with sheffield?'.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

What price will the tickets be SU may be looking to make a killing at £35 each.

Be a bit silly, but bear in mind the clubs only get 37.5% of the gross less costs. Even if the average price net of VAT was £20, allowing for concessions, that's about £200k per club from a sell-out. That's not a killing next to the prize money, TV fee and Wembley proceeds.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

I thought you were 'done with sheffield?'.
    Haha, I'm surprised you remember! I was of course only talking about the blue and white areas of the city (and had a bad hangover).
  • Options
    Agreed, there's a massive incentive for Sheffield Utd to pack out their home sections, and create a good atmosphere, and just like us they'll see this as a great opportunity to get to Wembley, where the riches will be very desirable.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

If you run coaches at £10, you would probably lose £300 per coach. Say 60 coaches if there are no trains, as a good percentage will make their own way regardless. In round numbers, it costs £20k but given the revenue streams it's relatively trivial and it helps you sell the match tickets, from which you get a cut. But it's a lot of work.

Or you let SUFC sell the upper tier to their fans on the basis that's a better bet financially and less work for CAFC (or because you think you won't sell the upper). You then run, say, 20-25 coaches at £22 and make £6-8k from them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Id hope that fans being able to attend a historic game, takes prority over the possible extra financial rewards and less work selling tickets for that one game. Plus with more away fans you would hope our extra bit of atmosphere could spur the players onto Wembley and a huge payout
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Id hope that fans being able to attend a historic game, takes prority over the possible extra financial rewards and less work selling tickets for that one game. Plus with more away fans you would hope our extra bit of atmosphere could spur the players onto Wembley and a huge payout

Me too.
  • Options
    x number of away stubs 1st couple of days. No 'Operation' bollocks.

Job's a good'un.
  • Options
    Their normal ticket prices for away supporters for League one games is £24.
  • Options
    @Stewart - are you doing the business for me mate? Will make it worth your while ;-)
  • Options

@Stewart - are you doing the business for me mate? Will make it worth your while ;-)

I will go whatever day it is, so yes I will get you a ticket

• Options
    WSS said:

I hope we go old school like for Man U back in the day and can only get tickets in person.

Waking up at 5am to go to The Valley with my old man and queue for tickets for hours on end.

Got me flask , and sleeping bag at the ready.

• Options
    edited February 2014

WSS said:

I hope we go old school like for Man U back in the day and can only get tickets in person.

Waking up at 5am to go to The Valley with my old man and queue for tickets for hours on end.

Got me flask , and sleeping bag at the ready.

Maybe they could change the entitlement rules halfway through like they did in 1994, too ... :-)
  • Options
    Tickets should be allocated according to your preference in the "Would you rather beat Wednesday or Barnsley" question in that thread the other day.
    Showed who cared more about the cup ;-)
  • Options

We will sell out. Cup fever has gripped everyone in SE7.

Half of SE7's Millwall