Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steel City Derby

The prospect of a mouthwatering, tantalising Steel City derby in the quarter-finals of this seasons FA Cup is no more, it has ceased to be. It is an ex-prospect.
Therefore it would be nice if every radio report, newspaper piece and TV presenter would shut up about it. It ain't happening!

Comments

• It was never going to happen as soon as they pulled our name out the bag.

Poor look on some of the Wendy fans faces.. They looked wounded just like I said they would. CAFC CAFC
  • Seriously, what's you weird obsession with Wednesday fans ?
  • I watched the second half on a live stream with Peter Drury commentating. I lost count of the number of times he mentioned the derby.
  • I watched the second half on a live stream with Peter Drury commentating. I lost count of the number of times he mentioned the derby.

The commentators went bloody crazy when Wednesday equalised and went very quiet when we went 2-1 up
  • Radio 5Live 8.30 Sports report......"There will be NO Steel City derby in this years FA Cup as struggling Charlton blah blah blah....."
  • Chris Waddle on radio 5 live last night was a joke didn't even consider us winning at the start of the game.

I watched this as well. My West Ham supporting mate actually said 'they really want wednesday to win don't they?'
  • Dannoo_86 said:

Chris Waddle on radio 5 live last night was a joke didn't even consider us winning at the start of the game.

Well he has quite a history with Wednesday but to be fair he appreciated our good first half hour and at the end, on more than one occasion, said we were the better side and deserved to win.