Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Chairman must be chuffed.

Kevin Messere wrote a well researched piece in the Trust News, outlining how much a cup run can earn you. The figures are very considerable.
When he was in the process of buying us, I bet the Chairman did not think there would be this unexpected windfall. Equally, he must be scratching his head thinking am I really one game away from Wembley.
The players that joined in January must be just as surprised as he is.
Its a great feeling this morning and the sun is shining.

Comments

• Options
    The money that we make from this cup run will go on a new pitch with undersoil heating...IMO
  • Options

The money that we make from this cup run will go on a new pitch with undersoil heating...IMO

Never thought of that. Would not be the worst investment in the world.

• Options
    Looks like 180k for last nights win.
    Quarter final winners gat 360 and semi final losers get 450k. So 800k to the winners of us and blades.
  • Options
    Wonder what the mugs who sold us are thinking?
  • Options
    I have back of the envelope guesstimated that if we're fortunate enough to win against Sheffield United our (unexpected by Roland when he did his calculations?) FA Cup run will earn us in the region of £2,000,000.
    If I am right, then the opportunity is there to use that (kind of extra) money to pay for Chris Powell and Alex Dyer and Damian Matthew to have new contracts. There may also be enough in the pot from this cup run to sort the pitch.
    I like Roland so far. It is reported he is good with the figures and so on, well this extra dosh must make extending the contracts of the management team a little easier to do.
  • Options
    Wonder if he'll notice/care that only one of the starting 11 was one of 'his' signings? I doubt it personally, contrary to reports/predictions he's been pretty hands off so far regarding the tactical/personnel side of things in fairness. Got to be said that Adjerevic did look a quality player last night, as he has every time I've seen him so far.
  • Options
    I think it's stretching it a bit to suggest a lack of new contracts for the management has anything to do with finances
  • Options
    Quarter Final, Huh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is also a small matter of TV money for the QF £250k to each club.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Wonder if he'll notice/care that only one of the starting 11 was one of 'his' signings? I doubt it personally, contrary to reports/predictions he's been pretty hands off so far regarding the tactical/personnel side of things in fairness. Got to be said that Adjerevic did look a quality player last night, as he has every time I've seen him so far.

I think what he will notice is that four of the starting lineup were products of our academy.
  • Options
    RD's already committed to sorting out the pitch, and is supposedly in negotiations with Powell and his team about new contracts. Those things are already accounted for.

Based on what we've heard from RD and KM about the way they want to run the club I think it's unlikely that we'll see any obvious outlay that's directly related to the cup money, although it will help to loosen the restrictions related to the financial fair play rules.

It could enable a speedier upgrade of the academy, and we might get someone in on loan who might otherwise have been considered too expensive, based on the logic that if that player helps us get to Wembley then he'll have paid for himself and then some.
  • Options

Well one of the things he can do with the windfall is, on the trusted business formula of rewarding employees for meeting KPI's is GIVE CP A NEW CONTRACT!!!!!

In the cold light of day, while still basking, I am just thinking ahead to Saturday and wondering who will be donning the keeper's jersey...

Wembley may not be Rolands KPI for CP, it may be avoid relegation in which case, its not going to happen till end of season. However, if Roly is to be believed it is being discussed now.

Yes i wonder about the keepers shirt, I don't believe that CP or the defence would rather Thurman to Hamer, so it will be testimony to who is making the decisions
  • Options
    Hamer's 90th Minute save will do the trick methinks....
  • Options
    dont forget we get to keep half the gate reciepts from last night and at brammal lane... I'm guessing we get some from wembley tickets as well?
  • Options
    We get a third of gate receipts only....Wendies get a third, and the FA get a third. Same for every FA cup game, including the final.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Please see link below:
    castrust.org/2014/01/time-to-prioritise-the-fa-cup/
    When you factor in gates, TV and prize money it is £1M banked and £2M to play for... that would be the 6th round prize + £1.5M for making it to Wembley.
    The table in the article is slightly out of date as it was compiled after we beat Oxford and people have supplied corrections such as 6th round TV money being £210,000
    Add this to the sale proceeds of Kermorgant and Stephens of perhaps £1M and CAFC is moving rapidly towards break even for this season - not taking into account cup win bonuses and other costs
    As Prague states any manager who can take a club from a £6M loss down to £1-2M needs to be retained!
    (note: my information is that each club takes 45% of the gate and that 10% is retained by the FA)
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

We get a third of gate receipts only....Wendies get a third, and the FA get a third. Same for every FA cup game, including the final.

Where did you get that?

This is what the FA competition rules say:
    In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
    Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
    45% to each Club competing in the match.
    10% to the Pool.
    In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
    Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
    5% to The Association.
    42.5% to each Club.
    10% to the Pool.

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Pedro45 said:

Where did you get that?

In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
    10% to the Pool.
    In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
    5% to The Association.
    42.5% to each Club.
    10% to the Pool.

10% of gate receipts to the Pool? No wonder they are having such a good season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

thenewbie said:

I think what he will notice is that four of the starting lineup were products of our academy.
    5 if we include Wilson in that as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    There is also an interesting report by Deloittes on the value of the FA Cup to clubs. Sorry it won't let me do a link but search "the Financial Impact of the FA Cup" on the FA's web site if you're interested.
    Obviously the figures are a little out of date as it was compiled two years ago but still of interest. Particularly as Millwall is one of the examples. It shows that the scum got £2.9mn from their cup run to the final in 2003/4 which equated to 29% of their total revenue.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Always thought it was a third each on each game..I stand corrected!
    cafcfan said:

Pedro45 said:

Where did you get that?

10% to the Pool.
    5% to The Association.
    42.5% to each Club.
    10% to the Pool.

• Options
    cafcfan said:

There is also an interesting report by Deloittes on the value of the FA Cup to clubs. Sorry it won't let me do a link but search "the Financial Impact of the FA Cup" on the FA's web site if you're interested.
    Obviously the figures are a little out of date as it was compiled two years ago but still of interest. Particularly as Millwall is one of the examples. It shows that the scum got £2.9mn from their cup run to the final in 2003/4 which equated to 29% of their total revenue.

Thanks for that... Kind of confirms what I was trying to say: for a club our size not competing for the play-offs then the next best thing is a cup run... This report and my article don't go into the brand enhancement - I have no idea how that might be calculated but to me it is all part of rebuilding CAFC to survive and compete.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Well one of the things he can do with the windfall is, on the trusted business formula of rewarding employees for meeting KPI's is GIVE CP A NEW CONTRACT!!!!!

In the cold light of day, while still basking, I am just thinking ahead to Saturday and wondering who will be donning the keeper's jersey...

Wembley may not be Rolands KPI for CP, it may be avoid relegation in which case, its not going to happen till end of season. However, if Roly is to be believed it is being discussed now.

Yes i wonder about the keepers shirt, I don't believe that CP or the defence would rather Thurman to Hamer, so it will be testimony to who is making the decisions
    I think last night showed who's making the decisions - unless you're suggesting that Thuram was tired out by his exertions on Saturday?
  • Options
    we'll have to wait and see .... it's not unusual to play your second-choice keeper in cup games eg. Tremmel for Swansea last season