Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Williams, Wilbraham and Guedioura

Comments

• Options

I would take Wilbraham. Not the world's greatest but got promoted with Norwich and Palace..

He was hardly an integral part of each sides promotion campaigns!

No he wasn't but he was part of a squad which is the point I'm making. He would add experience to a thin squad.

I'd much rather have Becchio but AW could do a job for us.
  • Options
    Wilbraham is terrible, always has been, dunno much about the others.
  • Options
    Dannoo_86 said:

Why so many palace players not a fan of that tbh would only take jonny Williams from them.

Because Holloway & his Chairman went a bit loopy & signed way too many players in the summer, meaning a load of them are twiddling their thumbs outside the 25 allowed.

do we now get another 200k on top of last nights win for tv rights for the quarters?

Yes. The tv rights mean £247,500 to each club in the next round. £360k to the winners of that tie...nothing for losing!
  • Options
    Would definitely take Williams or Guedioura, although we probably need another player like Williams more.
  • Options
    Whatever happened to Glenn Murray?
  • Options
    Geudioura is class but my memory of him is as a central midfielder, not too dissimilar to Adjarevic. One position where we actually have a lot of decent players is there so he might be an odd one. Having said that it would be dangerous to rely on Diego for the entirety of the rest of the season as he's only just come in. Right mid is a priority so Williams suits me.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Just coming back from injury i believe.

• Options
    TEL said:

Finally back from injury. In squad against Man Utd
  • Options
    Williams changed the game at their place when he came on as sub. He is not, as reported, a winger but an energetic, hard working box to box midfielder. Yes please, but due to his size may struggle with our pitch.

Wilbraham is pants imo.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Did he win Wimbledon recently?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

Guedioura is a very good player and would definitely improve our options, would be a shame to break up Cousins and Poyet at the moment though.

We've got so many games coming up we need options.

If ajderovic, Jackson, Poyet Cousins play on the Saturday and then on the Tuesday, the following Saturday will be a big ask.

We would only have options such as a midfield of Green, Hughes, pritch/Gower, Harriott. That's not good enough.
  • Options

do we now get another 200k on top of last nights win for tv rights for the quarters?

Yes £247k

• Options
    I remember we signed a "pony" player who was 34 who was involved in previous promotions... His name is Andy Hughes. Don't write him off just yet.
  • Options
    Big yes to Williams and Guedioura, they're top 6 standard Championship players. Wilbraham is rubbish though, no better than Church.
  • Options

190 grand prize money last night according to 5 live extra could mean 1 or 2 loans in.

Or about £10,000 after the players' win bonuses have been deducted :-)
  • Options
    Wilbraham scored a beautiful volley for MK Dons in the 5-1 win 09 I believe.
  • Options
    JJ, Poyet and Cousins won't be able to play every game between now and the end of the season, so additional bodies there would be good, though I guess we could always bring in Hughes, Danny Hollands and even Gower?
  • Options
    Rate Guedioura think he played in the Belgian Pro League not sure what team so might be a link there can be a aggressive dirty player will be strong if fit in the midfield, Like Williams grounded lad good pro talented player. Wilbraham can't be any better then Tudgay or any other of our strikers for that matter lost his way since MK Dons.
  • Options
    Why don't we take Shefki Kuqi off their hands while we're at it
  • Options
    Owen Garvan was the Palace player that I would have wanted .Is he injured?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why don't we take Shefki Kuqi off their hands while we're at it

How tall is he?
  • Options
    I want Jonny williams, that's it.
  • Options
    guedioura scored some stunning goals since he's been in england, definitely not afraid to shoot
  • Options
    I have just checked Palace's FA Cup line ups and the bad news is that all three are cup tied.
  • Options
    I'm glad Wilbraham is cup tied! Is there such thing as league tied? Don't want that bloke anywhere near our club. Absolutely awful player.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    We will not be getting anyone in on loan from Crystal Palace. Williams will go out on loan to Ipswich Town.
  • Options
    The reason I checked the line ups was because I could see this being an attraction to for example Johnny Williams if we had a Cup Quarter / Semi Final as well as the league games.Otherwise I can see the likes of Ipswich being more attractive.
  • Options
    Mark Ritson ‏@MR_LWMedia 23m
    Have spoken to Tony Pulis this morning. #cpfc not close to agreeing a loan with a club for Jonny Williams. #cafc said to be interested.