Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our CAFC Twitter Account

looking at the tweets from the last few games and i think theyre a quality bunch of lads who look like they really care for cafc

with the tweets to michael vaughan

and just comparing celebrations when we score compared to the other teams

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 14h
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! (IL) #CAFCLive

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial Feb 22
OH JOHNNIE JACKSON RUNS DOWN THE WING FOR ME! The skipper with the opening goal! He heads home a corner. (IL) #CAFCLive

GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!! (IL) #CAFCLive

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IL) #CAFCLive

to sheffield wednesday's :

Sheffield Wednesday ‏@swfc 14h
57 GOAL Owls 1-1 Charlton...Best hits Wednesday level #swfcLIVE

i just find it refreshing and adds more to the games when you can see even the comms team are as passionate as the fans.

well done lads

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Especially when you compare it to the boring stuff sheff wed have been writing for last few weeks.
  • Options

Especially when you compare it to the boring stuff sheff wed have been writing for last few weeks.

Some clubs just post links to articles, there is no 'personal' touch.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    DRF said:

TBH I don't want the long gggggooooooaaaaaalllll type response from the club's official account, I follow fans for that sort of thing. I want the club to tell me that there is a goal, who scored it and how. They are professionals employed by the club as communications people. They are not employed as fans, so keep it professional and let the fans do the fan stuff.

I know you have said that you like being contrary but even for you that is going too far.

: - )
  • Options
    DRF said:

TBH I don't want the long gggggooooooaaaaaalllll type response from the club's official account, I follow fans for that sort of thing. I want the club to tell me that there is a goal, who scored it and how. They are professionals employed by the club as communications people. They are not employed as fans, so keep it professional and let the fans do the fan stuff.

You're a barrel of laughs
  • Options
    DRF said:

Misery :-)
  • Options
    Only Charlton fans could moan about that !
  • Options
    This bloke loves a moan up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    stop feeling so blue DRF
  • Options

DRF said:

I know you have said that you like being contrary but even for you that is going too far.

If I'm looking at twitter for the game it's because I'm not there and want the to know what's going on. The fans I follow give me the passion, I need the club to give me the facts.
    And it's not as if it's never been like this. In my opinion this only changed when Matt and Gary left so I assume they wanted a more straight forward approach which the new team don't. Am I wrong in thinking the new team are a bit younger, it could be to do with that.
    I love that this makes me miserable and contrary, if you swap the words twitter account for player commentary then everyone would agree. Nothing winds fans up more than player commentary which does not commentate on the game, I don't have a player account so when I'm not there I want twitter to tell me what's going on.
    That doesn't seem contrary to me.
  • Options
    Having the pleasure of sitting very close to the media boys I can tell you they celebrate just as much as you and I do, they went mad as the goal went in against QPR, and again last night.
  • Options
    DRF said:

I don't agree at all. I love how it's done.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    DRF said:

DRF said:

If I'm looking at twitter for the game it's because I'm not there and want the to know what's going on. The fans I follow give me the passion, I need the club to give me the facts.
    And it's not as if it's never been like this. In my opinion this only changed when Matt and Gary left so I assume they wanted a more straight forward approach which the new team don't. Am I wrong in thinking the new team are a bit younger, it could be to do with that.
    I love that this makes me miserable and contrary, if you swap the words twitter account for player commentary then everyone would agree. Nothing winds fans up more than player commentary which does not commentate on the game, I don't have a player account so when I'm not there I want twitter to tell me what's going on.
    As I said, you are contrary by your own admission.

Not going to get into this as you have chosen to pick out my comment and ignore all the others which were much harsher but I think the twitter feed is great. You get the news AND you get the passion of fans. All good. Keep it uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup lads : - )
  • Options
    DRF said:

DRF said:

They tell you who scored about 15 seconds after the 'GOOAAALLLLLLL' tweet.
  • Options
    I actually thought DRF was joking but having seen his explanation, it looks like he is actually serious!
  • Options
    PeteF said:

Having the pleasure of sitting very close to the media boys I can tell you they celebrate just as much as you and I do, they went mad as the goal went in against QPR, and again last night.

How disgraceful and unprofessional. They should have a serious talk with themselves.

:-)
  • Options

DRF said:

That's great, it seems most people prefer it. I'm not exactly writing a letter of complaint to the club about it. I'm just offering my opinion, which I thought it what we were here to do. If only others on here could accept that we don't have to agree on everything and it being fairly harmless instead of claiming it's because I am moany, boring miserable or blue.
    Next time I shall wait for three people to give their opinion on any given topic and then say the same thing. That will make a fantastically exciting forum to read.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frankly I reckon we have the best Twitter account out of the 92, it just ticks all the boxes-

- great in-match running commentary at both home & away, including not being biased when decisions don't go our way or when the other team deserved a goal
    - good banter with the fans and other clubs' accounts
    - good news updates, especially when there was nothing coming from TJ and co

I usually follow other teams' accounts when we're playing them and they're just nowhere near as good. Hardly any team line-ups and only goal updates for their own team. Even big Premier League teams don't have it anywhere near as good as us. I reckon it's because CAFC's fans and those involved with the club genuinely love it and I'll say it again even if I've said it a thousand times, we have the best fans in the world. Doesn't matter if we take 2 or 2000 away, we sing the home fans out of the park.
  • Options
    DRF said:

DRF said:

That's great, it seems most people prefer it. I'm not exactly writing a letter of complaint to the club about it. I'm just offering my opinion, which I thought it what we were here to do. If only others on here could accept that we don't have to agree on everything and it being fairly harmless instead of claiming it's because I am moany, boring miserable or blue.
    Next time I shall wait for three people to give their opinion on any given topic and then say the same thing. That will make a fantastically exciting forum to read.
    To be fair, if you offer your opinion up on a forum, you offer it with the express proviso that it'll be critiqued. It's sort of how it works.

Especially when the opinion is the Charlton Life equivalent of Eeyore crossed with Hudson from Aliens
  • Options
    DRF said:

DRF said:

No it has always been like this. It hasn't changed since Matt and Gary left and as said you get the scorer and details straight away.

• Options
    I think we are lucky to have the lads we do and they way the handle the interaction with us.

Also as their tweets hit my phone as a text I find the difference between a CAFC goal (GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL) and an opposition one (Goal) very useful. When the preview pops up I get the gist without even opening the message.
  • Options
    Excellent coverage lads - keep the good work up!
  • Options

Can we just wait until jacko scores the winner at the Den and they tweet 'YEEEEEESSSSS, 'ave that you slaaaaaaaaaags #cafc' before deciding whether they are taking it too far ?

Don't see how that could be considered too far.
  • Options

Can we just wait until jacko scores the winner at the Den and they tweet 'YEEEEEESSSSS, 'ave that you slaaaaaaaaaags #cafc' before deciding whether they are taking it too far ?

I don't think that would be taking it too far.
  • Options
    All jokes aside, I kind of get where @DRF is coming from to a certain extent.

Once you start putting personality into something 'official', you have to be a bit careful of grey areas (using the official account to tweet about Jim Davidson and Big Brother clearly bothered a few for example). You just have to be careful you don't cross the 'banter' line with it, detract too much, or attempt to put too much of your own personality on it.

personally, I think they are doing a great job at the moment.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    A Leyton Orient fan I know follows @CAFCofficial for this reason alone. He said his own clubs twitter account is dull and boring.
  • Options
    I think they're getting the balance right and getting into the spirit. It's not as if you couldn't work out there was a goal and who scored it, now is it.

"GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!"
    "OH JOHNNIE JACKSON RUNS DOWN THE WING FOR ME! The skipper with the opening goal! He heads home a corner."