Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last time....

we played a 1/4 final match our starting line up was: Myrhe, Spector, Powell, Holland, Perry, Hreidarsson, Kishishev, Rommedhal, Bent D., Bartlett, Hughes - seems like a lifetime ago!

Comments

• Options
    It does and yet its only been about 8 years
  • Options
    few rubbish players in there,Spector,Perry,Myhre.Dont think any of these 3 would get in todays team
  • Options
    chris perry was quality he would walk into this team
  • Options
    timken said:

few rubbish players in there,Spector,Perry,Myhre.Dont think any of these 3 would get in todays team

You're kidding right? Spector was garbage fair enough but Chris Perry would walk into our team any day of the week.

• Options
    Chris Perry was awesome for us back then. Easily ahead of what we have now.
  • Options
    And my Boy was the mascot who walked out with Hermann who was Captain that night, live on BBC1 as well.
  • Options
    Perry was a great signing for us and I don't think you can say Myhre was worse than our current keepers
  • Options
    That striker we had was rubbish. Worse than Mrs Redknapp in fact.........................
  • Options
    oh come on chris perry he was awsome
  • Options
    Another vote for Chris Perry being more than half decent from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    agree tango ....bent D what a load of rubbish........
  • Options

we played a 1/4 final match our starting line up was: Myrhe, Spector, Powell, Holland, Perry, Hreidarsson, Kishishev, Rommedhal, Bent D., Bartlett, Hughes - seems like a lifetime ago!

Some class players there Powell, Perry, Herman and Bent.

Looking at that side though you can see the rot creeping in with mediocrities like Rommedahl and Hughes and the fact that Holland and Kish were starting to go in the legs.
  • Options
    Perry was class, but as for that Powell bloke.............
  • Options
    Agree Perry was very good for us.
  • Options
    Anybody who says Perry was rubbish obviously never saw him play.
  • Options
    Well, there's Powell's team talk: go and do better that him!
  • Options
    How on earth anyone can have a go at Chris Perry is beyond me - brilliant player, especially for the $100k that we paid.

Agree with the points above though, you can start to see the quality of the team diluted - Bryan Hughes being a case in point of being far inferior to whom he replaced in the squad (Jensen/Graham Stuart).
  • Options
    Matt Holland and Radostin Kishishev were great servants of Charlton. But I think - and probably many people will agree - that Jordan Cousins and Diego Poyet could be far better than those two.

So it might be good to remind Jordan and Diego that Holland and Kishishev earned 137 full international caps between them; and ask them to emulate those two by using every ounce of their potential.

I use to rate Holland and Kishishev. But I think we have currently got two absolute diamonds right now.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Matt Holland and Radostin Kishishev were great servants of Charlton. But I think - and probably many people will agree - that Jordan Cousins and Diego Poyet could be far better than those two.

So it might be good to remind Jordan and Diego that Holland and Kishishev earned 137 full international caps between them; and ask them to emulate those two by using every ounce of their potential.

I use to rate Holland and Kishishev. But I think we have currently got two absolute diamonds right now.

sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh, they are crap (untill they sign long contracts for us.) Mums the word. ;-)
  • Options

we played a 1/4 final match our starting line up was: Myrhe, Spector, Powell, Holland, Perry, Hreidarsson, Kishishev, Rommedhal, Bent D., Bartlett, Hughes -

And they bottled it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    looks like perry gets in then
  • Options
    Perry was a good player for a small bloke. He did look like a Wiesel though
  • Options
    Perry was good. That midfield wasnt, by that stage anyway.
  • Options
    Hughes wasn't much cop!
  • Options
    Last time we were in the FA cup QF? Or was this league cup?

Wasn't Man Utd away in 1994 the last FA Cup QF, and I thought Kim Grant was playing?
  • Options
    I always felt nervous with Hermann at centre half. I loved him as a marauding left back knocking wingers over like dominoes but he had poor positioning in the middle. I was disappointed when he was permanently relocated to the middle
  • Options

Last time we were in the FA cup QF? Or was this league cup?

Wasn't Man Utd away in 1994 the last FA Cup QF, and I thought Kim Grant was playing?

Have played Bolton and Boro in fa cup QF since then. Wycombe league cup was last QF.
  • Options
    Chris Perry was a brilliant piece of business for the club... for the height of the guy he could still win a lot of headers (Chris Solly reminds me of him)

Never thought Thomas Myhre was that bad either
  • Options
    I liked Thomas Myhre but I can't help but always associate him with the poor treatment of Deano. It's not Myhre's fault, he was excellent when he played, but it still felt wrong at the time
  • Options
    Riviera said:

we played a 1/4 final match our starting line up was: Myrhe, Spector, Powell, Holland, Perry, Hreidarsson, Kishishev, Rommedhal, Bent D., Bartlett, Hughes -

And they bottled it.

Certainly didn't bottle it. Ran out of steam against a better team.