Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powells achievements

1st full year - won the league 1 title

2nd full year - 9th in championship 2 points off play offs

3rd full year - a minimum of an FA cup quarter final.

On an extremely limited budget, that is some going.

I feel embarrassed for doubting him and am certainly eating humble pie.

Give him that contract Roland

Comments

• Options
    Dont forget the peoples cup thing!
  • Options

No sign of the contract extension at the moment despite the comments last week. Wonder if the terms weren't that good ?

• Options
    Did we Beat the only country with an unbeaten international record?
  • Options
    Millwall away win

Fa cup semi final/ final

Survival

Too much to ask?

This is a strange season.
  • Options
    Brian said:

No sign of the contract extension at the moment despite the comments last week. Wonder if the terms weren't that good ?

Word on the street is yes. However, not sure which street.
  • Options
    I would guess CP won't sign until some of his players and management staff have been offered acceptable contracts.
  • Options
    I still can't believe people did doubt him. Year on year he's performed, admittedly this year, and last year, has had periods of worry but he's always pulled it out of the bag. In SCP we trust.
  • Options
    I think the very thought that SCP is fallible and in anyway responsible for the predicament and position we find ourselves in in the Championship is ridiculous and tbh borders on heresy. Shame on anyone who has doubted Chrissey as he battles with a job any football follower would give their left and right nuts to be doing half a well. The constraints he has been placed under by the nefarious machinations of previous and current administrations of the club have not for one minute diminished the shining beacon of light emanating from his exquisite backside. When he was swinging from that crossbar at Hillsborough the other evening it was all I could do not soil my underwear in deep joy. Long may Sir Chrissey Powell be the guvnor, who lives, breathes and basically is Charlton Athletic Football Club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lets not start counting our chickens Wednesday-style. Sheff United have won 6 in a row and we still have A LOT to do to stay up. And as for winning at Millwall... keep dreaming!
  • Options
    What a couple wins does. Makes all the difference for people's perspectives.

Im now embarrassed for my mutual consent thread but at the time it seemed Powell was unhappy and project "Roland ruin everything" appeared to take its toll.

After the Birmingham game, that was only time I ever doubted Powell as our manager.

The key thing here is that football is clearly just a results business, the grey areas no longer exsist and everyone takes it too seriously...
  • Options
    First half of the season we were very poor, draw at home to Oxford very poor.
    Can we get to at least the semi final too right
    Can we be Millwall of course we can
    Will we service in the Champ yes we will.
    Results and performances have to be much better from now until the end of the season.
    If this is the case CP should be given a new contract for no other reason than he will deserve it.
    If we go down then he deserves to go, based on what I have seen so far we are on the up and he will get his new contract.
  • Options

Lets not start counting our chickens Wednesday-style. Sheff United have won 6 in a row and we still have A LOT to do to stay up. And as for winning at Millwall... keep dreaming!

I would say if we are ever going to win at millwall....it will be our next visit too them.
  • Options

I would guess CP won't sign until some of his players and management staff have been offered acceptable contracts.

Trouble is, people need to sign. I love this whole, I wont sign if he doesnt get a deal thing.. but that only gets you so far.
  • Options
    No surprise. Top man.
  • Options

another one for the list congrats Sir

The Asian Today ‏@TheAsianToday 8m8 minutes ago
    Congratulations to Chris Powell who is named @FA Coach of the Year at tonight's @BEDSAofficial Awards #Bedsa

sorry for being pedantic but who exactly is giving this much honoured award..........The Bedfordshire Asian society ?? I didn't realise that they were the warm up act for tomorrows Oscar's.
  • Options

another one for the list congrats Sir

The Asian Today ‏@TheAsianToday 8m8 minutes ago
    Congratulations to Chris Powell who is named @FA Coach of the Year at tonight's @BEDSAofficial Awards #Bedsa

sorry for being pedantic but who exactly is giving this much honoured award..........The Bedfordshire Asian society ?? I didn't realise that they were the warm up act for tomorrows Oscar's.
    British Ethnic Diversity Sports Awards....the ceremony was hosted by Masood from Eastenders
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    As much as I love Powelly I can hardly say 2014 was a great year for him. Sacked with a team bottom of the table (very good reasons behind the scenes I know) in March, then goes back into work in late August makes you Coach of the Year!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This week will go over all the old ground behind his sacking, zzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    what a strange award
  • Options
    Masood did it! O sorry forgot it was bobby wrong thread.
    Agree strange award.
  • Options

Did Powell accept this prestigous award in person or did he have to send his apologies ?

He had to send his apologies. He was washing his hair.