Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Numbers at Leicester

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014

£30 is a scandalous price. Even more than thecost of travel there and back (£20 on the train up,£3 megabus back). £26 i'd be there, £27 maybe. At £30 the greedy bleeders can stuff it.

I paid £28 for a ticket. It wasn't 30.
    £30 on the door. As i say wouldn't pay £28 anyway but £30 is an even bigger p***take. Granted it encourages advance sales and there are good family deals for this game but apparently making a late decision and attending without kids means getting penalised/ priced out.

• Options
    It is a lot for a championship game. But we charge £25 for away fans, so an extra £3 doesn't make much difference, not even a pint in London.
  • Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/profile/15863/chester_conradReal fans will be there. Plastics will crawl out the woodwork next week. :)

I always view such remarks as shallow and rather childish. Each person has a different budget, has a different range of priorities (families etc.), and some may live some distance from the their beloved Charlton. To label supporters as "plastic" simply because they don't attend every away game is rather disingenuous.

I shall be at Leicester today and at Sheffield next week.
  • Options
    I think it was tongue in cheek Peter, hence the :-)
  • Options
    I'm glad I won't be sitting next to him on the train
  • Options
    Looking forward to this. Would like the singing to go on through the whole game :p
  • Options

It is a lot for a championship game. But we charge £25 for away fans, so an extra £3 doesn't make much difference, not even a pint in London.

Elasticity of demand though stoneroses. You over-price you lose money as some customers/fans don't value the product past a certain threshold. Leicester's loss. Enjoy your day anyway..
  • Options
    L

Looking forward to it, shame we can't muster up more than 800

There will be 800 odd mate on the door
    So 1500 tomorrow becomes quite respectable
    Lol didn't mean that I'll go 888 there ahaha
  • Options

Any news on the drum???

Surely they should let you!!!

Not allowed it but bringing it anyways
  • Options
    Went midweek last season to see a great win, Yann score v his old club and Haynes score goal of the season when we were on a bad run.

Plastics and glory boys going today on a Saturday when we've started winning

: - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As per Blades thread, if anyone going to Leicester has a spare Sheff U ticket, and will bring it along please message me I am a cash buyer and you would put my mind at rest and make an old man happy.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

As per Blades thread, if anyone going to Leicester has a spare Sheff U ticket, and will bring it along please message me I am a cash buyer and you would put my mind at rest and make an old man happy.

Clem_Snide said message him, on the other thread !
  • Options
    Yep, now sorted thanks to Clem and CL.

Hopefully the next few days will see a few more Lifers helping each other out which is great.
  • Options

Not allowed tongue in cheek or witty banter on here
    U know every comment has to be serious or be hung up n banned from cl

• Options
    I'm sitting in my grans front room in a sunny Leicester waiting for my mate to get here from London.

He told me he saw Leicester fans at at pancras but no charlton.

Tad embarrassing.
  • Options

Not allowed tongue in cheek or witty banter on here
    U know every comment has to be serious or be hung up n banned from cl

Personally, feel you should be banned for having just used the phrase "witty banter".

:-)
  • Options

Real fans will be there. Plastics will crawl out the woodwork next week. :)

Real fans who don't have to spend time with their families having spent long hours at work all week. Real fans that can afford to go to A football match when plastics have to pay mortgages or have children to feed. Real fans who have nothing better to do than watch football I thank god that I am plastic.

• Options
    Vincent said:

Real fans who don't have to spend time with their families having spent long hours at work all week. Real fans that can afford to go to A football match when plastics have to pay mortgages or have children to feed. Real fans who have nothing better to do than watch football I thank god that I am plastic.

it was a bloody joke mate!

• Options
    Saw a couple of hundred Blackburn fans when I was at Preston station this evening. I was struck by how young they looked compared to our away following. Maybe the olds were on the way home in their cars with the flasks and blankets.
  • Options

L

Looking forward to it, shame we can't muster up more than 800

There will be 800 odd mate on the door
    So 1500 tomorrow becomes quite respectable
    Lol didn't mean that I'll go 888 there ahaha
    I was being a bit sarcastic as well, sorry but I could not resist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincent said:

These same plastics with mortgages to pay can still make it to Sheffield though eh? Poor when it suits them, henpecked when it suits them, doting father when it suits them, supporter when it suits them.

Tongue in cheek, slightly, as someone who made it to Leicester
  • Options
    867 up there yesterday .... Reasonable
  • Options

Will be fantastic next Sunday though!
  • Options

Will be fantastic next Sunday though!
    Let's hope we all get behind them and rooooar them on , none of this waiting for the players to give us something to cheer about bollox , just total support for the full 90 mins or until we're 3 down with five to play !
  • Options

Lets hope the early kick doesn't spoil the atmosphere. Fulham in the cup was good because 80% of our support were wankered.

Judging by some of the set-off times I'm seeing I think plenty will manage it this time too.
  • Options

Looking in the Leicester programme, for the previous 2 Saturday matches there, Ipswich took 1212, while Watford took 800

Millwall only took 639 :-)
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Errr.......i was joking.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/profile/15863/chester_conradReal fans will be there. Plastics will crawl out the woodwork next week. :)

I always view such remarks as shallow and rather childish. Each person has a different budget, has a different range of priorities (families etc.), and some may live some distance from the their beloved Charlton. To label supporters as "plastic" simply because they don't attend every away game is rather disingenuous.

I shall be at Leicester today and at Sheffield next week.

Thanks for putting me straight....sorry for being so naughty.