Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calling all Oasis fans

Comments

• Options
    Just got 2 tickets for Finsbury Park!
  • Options
    Got 4

Really like his new album
  • Options
    Got my tickets sorted. Really loved Oasis at Finsbury Park in the past
  • Options
    Sorted. As you were! :smile:
  • Options
    Got mine, it'll be a 18 year gap since I saw him at the old Wembley with Oasis.
  • Options
    Liam on now Live on BBC Radio2 and the BBC Red Button. Only heard his first song. Sounded nothing like Liam Gallagher. Really, really awful.
  • Options
    They’ll be available on the day for less than face. Especially if the weather is crap and considering it’s the weekend Glastonbury is usually on it’s bound to piss it down.

Primal Scream and Richard Ashcroft supporting.
  • Options
    Just watched the radio 2 concert. I hate to say it, but I thought Liam sounded awful
  • Options
    Yeah. It's just sad that over the years his voice has gone yet he doesn't seem to have matured as an individual. He still seems to behave (and interview) like a twenty-one year old. It's perfectly clear as to why Noel doesn't want to reform Oasis - he has most of the old band with him now, anyway, and none of the drama that comes with his brother.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41866056
    I'm sure it's not just doctors who have told him to rest his voice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As much as I would love to go to another oasis gig, if you were Noel Gallagher would you put up with him?

His voice has been fucked for years but he is an awesome frontman and chock full of genuine rock and roll vim

Noel Gallagher summed up oasis about 20 years ago when he said "I'm just as good a singer as Liam but I'm nowhere near the frontman he is"

• Options
    How much "Rock 'n Roll vim" do you need to not be able to sing? Noel is now a much better singer than Liam, especially in his latest Plastic Bertrand/Ricky Martin phase.
  • Options
    Apparently they have now sorted their differences. Liam stated on twitter.

Lets hope for a 2019 reunion album and tour.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Apparently they have now sorted their differences. Liam stated on twitter.

Lets hope for a 2019 reunion album and tour.

To be honest, I'd be happy for them to make up as

a) family is family, life's too short to be estranged
    b) Liam's bitching about Noel is really boring
  • Options
    tbh i dont know how much they "hate" each other it certainly suits both of them to be individuals sell out some tours then reunite for a massive payday, if they were to tour i could see them easily doing 5 nights at wembley and selling out every one, would probably be one of the most profitable tours ever
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    When Liam said Noel was putting on an act by displaying emotion for the 1st gig back at Manchester arena, I thought it was a particuarly shameful distasteful and weird thing to say about your brother.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

When Liam said Noel putting on an act by displaying emotion for the 1st gig back at Manchester arena, I thought it was a particuarly shamefully distasteful and weird to say something like that about your brother.

yeah like liams music but he comes across as a complete wanker. tries a little too hard.
  • Options
    Very well laid out and entertaining documentary. Loved Oasis.
  • Options
    that was an absolutely superb piece of tv, one of the best music docs ever. interesting to see in some of the early footage how they both appreciated that theirs was a love/hate relationship even as they were just starting out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:

that was an absolutely superb piece of tv, one of the best music docs ever. interesting to see in some of the early footage how they both appreciated that theirs was a love/hate relationship even as they were just starting out

Thought the same. I didn't catch the first 15 mins so can anyone throw light on why the were constantly being filmed from early on ? Also love Noel's attitude about the media.
  • Options
    Absolutely brilliant. Really brought home a realisation as to how important that band were to so many people.
  • Options
    Watched 3/4 of the documentary last night. I will catch the rest later in the week. Absolutely brilliant.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I saw Liam on The Big Weekender last night (still on I player).
    He not only played his good recent stuff, but plenty of Oasis songs as well.
    Tickets are still available for Liam at Finsbury Park on Friday 29th June.

https://www.seetickets.com/event/liam-gallagher/finsbury-park-london/1166881
  • Options
    Apparently Liam was very good in support of The Stones last week. I'm seeing Noel at Bingley Festival in August.
  • Options
    Liam suggesting a reunion now:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jul/20/definitely-maybe-liam-tells-noel-he-doesnt-look-back-in-anger-and-urges-oasis-reunion

Surprised at this as his solo career seems to be doing well but I am sure if Oasis were to get back together it would be huge. Sceptical if Noel would agree, or if he even needs the money anyway.
  • Options
    They have both played an 'A game. Split up, go off and make loads and get back together for a mega pay day.

I am sure that Peggy will sort them out.

If they do I am gonna do more than one gig, one drunk and one sober! haha
  • Options
    It would be the biggest reunion in British music history, no doubt.
  • Options
    Would be amazing. My favourite band of all time and missed out seeing them through illness in their prime and regret not dragging myself to Wembley especially as my brother was working backstage serving noel drinks all night. Massive massive regret and will do my best to get a ticket if this comes off.