Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Team of Curbs signings

am bored sorry if this has been done before. but a team of curbs best signings in your eyes.

1) Deano
2) Young
3) Powell
4) youds
5) Fish
6) stuart
7) robbo
8) Kinsella
9) Bent
10) super clive
11) Jensen

Comments

• Options
    Did Curbs sign Steve Brown?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Did Curbs sign Steve Brown?

Charlton Yoot I believe.
  • Options
    Andy Hunt got to be in there
  • Options
    Ok, cos if he had i'd have put him in instead of Youds,

Other than that R&C i reckon your spot on.
  • Options
    jorge costa.
  • Options
    good shout but that was only one season, I'm taking it as who made the biggest overall contribution to us over Curbs' time, hence Robbo and Stuart's inclusions.
  • Options
    R&C, That is a tasty looking team. Plus Costa, Hunt, Barnes (okay I mean in his peak), Goalie who went to Leicester and came back (name lost), and Mortimer (signed him back) on the bench we'd kick some butt.
  • Options
    Chris Perry?

Youds was great in the promotion year but didn't do a lot after that largely because of injury. Stanmore makes the point that Costa only did it for one season but I think the same could almost be said of Youds.

Where's Kish?:-)
  • Options
    Simon Royce you mean Sco- who was an excellent keeper for us

And Barnes was sheer class, if not a tad overweight
  • Options
    1. Kiely
    2. Young
    3. Powell
    4. Stuart
    5. Costa
    6. Perry
    7. Robinson
    8. Murphy
    9. Di Canio
    10. Mendonca
    11. Thomas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No place for Jason Euell?
  • Options
    Not for me.
  • Options
    or Murphy?
  • Options
    Some crackers there and more that others keep coming up with.
  • Options
    one thing does stand out though, although he picked out well jobbers who could fill a role adequately, he never signed a centre-half who stood out, went on to better things, or a cut above the rest, barring the little spell with Costa.

Youds
    Tiler
    Gatting
    McCleary
    Perry
    Chapple
    Todd
    Fish
    El Kak
  • Options
    Kiely

Young
    Perry
    Fish
    Powell

Stuart
    Jensen
    Kinsella
    Robinson

Bent D
    Mendonca

Subs:

Ilic
    Kishishev
    Thomas
    Euell
    Hunt

I've restricted myself to PERMANENT transfers otherwise Costa would be ahead of both Fish and Perry.
  • Options
    Nobody (including me) has mentioned JJ or Bartlett. Six seasons of good service each.

This exercise demonstrates that Curbs worked miracles really.

Pardew deserves all the praise being heaped upon him but I don't like the unfavourable comparisons some people make with Curbs in an attempt to rewrite history.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Nobody (including me) has mentioned JJ or Bartlett. Six seasons of good service each.

This exercise demonstrates that Curbs worked miracles really.

Pardew deserves all the praise being heaped upon him but I don't like the unfavourable comparisons some people make with Curbs in an attempt to rewrite history.

Agree.

I'd have Euell in front of Murphy.
  • Options
    even though i wouln't put him ahead of powell, mark bowen was excellent vfm for us. he consistantly put in decent performances with very few mistakes. a good solid full back.