Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

we win on friday and the sh*t really hits the fan

this could be the most exciting premiership finish EVER...sky should be bunging us big time for this...every live tv game with somebody in the bottom 10 will have the fans from all the other clubs watching...hey, i even watched the villa v everton match the other night because of it...

Comments

• Options
    pretty sad indicator of a league where the bottom generates more interest than the top.

We're due a slip up, i can see it happening on Friday. I would happily take a draw now.
  • Options
    Bart - you old mood hoover - we're gonna win - get with it yeah man
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]pretty sad indicator of a league where the bottom generates more interest than the top.

We're due a slip up, i can see it happening on Friday. I would happily take a draw now.

i'd take the draw but i reckon we can win this...at this stage of the season, its all down to belief...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Bart - you old mood hoover - we're gonna win - get with it yeah man

i'm getting a touch of the ooh aah's. think its the nerves.

My fear is that everyone in the bottom half is much of a muchness. Teams will go on good runs, and then go on bad runs throughout the season. The negative side of me is worried we may just of had our good run of the season, but the positive side is saying that if we can drag it out for another 2-3 games, the momentum will lift us through. I'm worried if we have a bad run in the next few games, Spurs and L'Pool at the end will prove too tough.

I'm trying to fight the negative side, honest !!
  • Options
    The thing is AFKA that we have won our last two games and got a draw in the other without playing anywhere near our best football, that has got to be a good sign. I think that this will give us a lot of confidence, knowing that we can get results whilst not really firing.
  • Options
    I'm agreeing with AFKA. I'd take a draw on Friday, and that's what I can see us getting.

If we can win our remaining home games, and draw our aways, we'll be fine.
  • Options
    Luke Young brace and one from DB. Sorted.

Ave it!

• Options
    Unfortunately I am also agreeing with AFKA. I can see a bad run coming real soon!!
  • Options
    Blimey, bet there were Portsmouth fans saying the same last season, and look where they are now.

Nervousness and sitting there waiting for a fall isn't goign to help, especially if that's the atmosphere in the Valley.

We're in form, the others aren't, momentum is a massive part of this, and we've got it
  • Options
    I'll take a defeat as long as we...

1) play well and compete

2) then beat Reading on Monday (2 draws no good really)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll get a point at the CoMS and then beat Reading, who are in a shocking run at the moment
  • Options
    If we win at City and Sheffield beat Newcastle then that will cause panic throughout the whole bottom half of the table.
  • Options
    I Expect us to get a 1-1 on Friday.
  • Options
    No point sitting there drooling over the prospect of going on a losing run.

What's that going to achieve......the self-satisfaction of proving to your mates that you were right?

Better to put your energy to good use and help build the belief that we need as a club to carry us through!

WE ARE STAYING UP!
  • Options
    Agree with Ketman, I can see a 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    Yep, a 1-1 is bang on I reckon, followed by the Premiership's best fans roaring their side on to a 2-0 win over Reading on Monday night
  • Options
    i would be very happy with a draw up there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Yep, a 1-1 is bang on I reckon, followed by the Premiership's best fans roaring their side on to a 2-0 win over Reading on Monday night

i'll take 4 points from those two games if offered now but i reckon the city one will the easier game when we're looking back...
  • Options
    Holland is long overdue a goal.

1-0 to us, courtesy of a first half Matty 25 yarder, after withstanding a second half Citeh siege on our goal!
  • Options
    1-0 TEK header from a corner after 60 mins. Backs to the wall defending until Barton sent off for professional foul on Bent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be spot-on Henry, although Barton is probably more likely to be sent off for showing off his arse cheeks once again. There's something very Julian Clary about a bloke who keeps getting his arse out in front of 40,000 people.
  • Options
    i'm also getting nervous now, i don't know, maybe it's because over the last 5 seasons or so everytime we get to a position where everyone is positive and willing us on ( each time we loooked like qualifying for europe) then we have gone and cocked the whole thing up.

this positive feeling i have about staying up reminds me far too much of the one i got during the parker season... and look what happened then!

either way you won't have to suffer my negative vibes as i am missing the citeh and reading games whilst i am in Florida. Relegation fight or sunny Florida? I know where i'd rather be but hey i might aswel enjoy it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]1-0 TEK header from a corner after 60 mins. Backs to the wall defending until Barton sent off for professional foul on Bent.

When was the last time we scored from a corner?
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    what's a corner ?...we've had more penalties the last couple of games than corners...
  • Options
    It's this thing in football where Dennis kicks the ball from a place in the ground near where two stands meet and it hits the first defender in the penalty box.

A lot of people get all excited when we get one, no idea why.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]1-0 TEK header from a corner after 60 mins. Backs to the wall defending until Barton sent off for professional foul on Bent.

When was the last time we scored from a corner?

This friday, about 6.30pm
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    If this happens I'm buying a beer and it's getting passed around until such time as it finds you.
  • Options
    I'm "prawn sandwiching" on Friday so it will have to come a long way!
  • Options
    If that happens Henry, you can defo join in the four way gay man hug!!
  • Options
    We win and Fulham losses to Everton away then the presurre is on Fulham